Tulamben, Mount Agung, Current Situation...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silkair/Singapore,SIN to MDC is four days per week, mid-morning departure, M/W/F/S. Garuda, Lion or Nam all have early AM nonstop to SOQ. Not Bali, but an interesting area to spend a few days. Works well if you spend your extra days in SIN.

Jakarta has a Batik 9am nonstop to SOQ. Overnight, FM7 close to airport. NAM an early AM nonstop. Garuda - connections via UPG - times are not the best.

Me, I’d be in SOQ the night before the boat’s departure.

Which boat?

Good luck.
Damaii II - Don't want to miss it.

Wow, I got that wrong. Singapore Air will re-route but wants to charge $650/person. Does not seem right.

I am not surprised. In any case, you have to balance the risk of missing your LOB with the cost of the change.

We also have a LOB coming up on Sunday from Sorong. We live in Bali, the airport is closed, it does not feel good.

- Bill

Wow, I got that wrong. Singapore Air will re-route but wants to charge $650/person. Does not seem right.
After an hour on the phone, got them to make the change to Jakarta at no charge, a one time courtesy she said. We still have Bali booked for the return home, will have to deal with that later. And still need to change the domestic flights on Garuda.

I am not surprised. In any case, you have to balance the risk of missing your LOB with the cost of the change.

We also have a LOB coming up on Sunday from Sorong. We live in Bali, the airport is closed, it does not feel good.

- Bill
Sorry to hear that, hope you find a way to get there.

- Bill
Fastboat to Lombok, fly from there to Manado?

Lombok was closed when the ash cloud was drifting east. Now that it is drifting south, Denpasar is the issue.
The Changi Airpot webstie says: "[Travel Advisory] Due to the Mount Agung eruption, Bali airport is closed until further notice. Passengers are advised to check the flight status page on changiairport.com, the iChangi app or with their airline for flight updates."
The Lombok Airport Flight Status page is showing departures in directions away from Bali. It does not appear to be closed.
Flight Status – Arrivals | Departures – Lombok Airport Guide

The nicest hotel by the airport in Jakarta is the former Sheraton- now the Bandana International.

bandarahoteljakarta

FM7 is pretty good too.
I will look at both of them. We are now going to have 4 nights in Jakarta. We will probably be zombies for the first day or 2 but then it might be nice to have some safe activities close by. Any suggestions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom