Tulamben, Mount Agung, Current Situation...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are scheduled to fly from California to Bali on Tuesday, 11/28/2017 for 4 days and then on to Raja Ampat. I would hate to be delayed in travel to Raja Ampat as we are going on a liveaboard. I do feel it will be hard to enjoy Bali worrying about being able to depart when we need to. We are on Singapore Airlines and Garuda.

Thanks for posting updates. Any suggestions appreciated. If the DPS airport closes before we depart or while we are in transit, I think we will likely be able to re-route via Jakarta.

My heart goes out to all in Bali whose lives are disrupted by this volcano.

We are scheduled to fly from California to Bali on Tuesday, 11/28/2017 for 4 days and then on to Raja Ampat. I would hate to be delayed in travel to Raja Ampat as we are going on a liveaboard. I do feel it will be hard to enjoy Bali worrying about being able to depart when we need to. We are on Singapore Airlines and Garuda.

Thanks for posting updates. Any suggestions appreciated. If the DPS airport closes before we depart or while we are in transit, I think we will likely be able to re-route via Jakarta.

I'd keep an eye on the Garuda website and consider changing to Jakarta rather than Bali as your intermediate destination on your way to (presumably) Sorong. Why are you going to Bali anyway? Aren't the Garuda flights from Singapore to Sorong through Jakarta anyway?

I'd keep an eye on the Garuda website and consider changing to Jakarta rather than Bali as your intermediate destination on your way to (presumably) Sorong. Why are you going to Bali anyway? Aren't the Garuda flights from Singapore to Sorong through Jakarta anyway?
We booked almost a year ago. The idea was to rest up for 3 days after the long flight and see Bali then continue on to Sorong. We are scheduled to take Singapore Airlines to Bali. Garuda from Bali to Sorong. So will have to change both flights.

We booked almost a year ago. The idea was to rest up for 3 days after the long flight and see Bali then continue on to Sorong. We are scheduled to take Singapore Airlines to Bali. Garuda from Bali to Sorong. So will have to change both flights.
Bummer. It is worth looking at all the contingencies, because if Agung gets worse whle you are in the air you'll possibly end up in Jakarta anyway, and not Bali. We went through all this a few weeks ago, and of course ended up in DPS anyway. But it was nice to have thought through all the alternatives and have the contingency plans and telephone numbers handy.

Where the ash cloud goes is wind dependent. I would find another way to get to Sorong. Once DPS closes there will be a lot of people rerouting.

I would re-route now. Losing a few days in Bali is not a big deal, but missing your LOB is!

- Bill

Silkair/Singapore,SIN to MDC is four days per week, mid-morning departure, M/W/F/S. Garuda, Lion or Nam all have early AM nonstop to SOQ. Not Bali, but an interesting area to spend a few days. Works well if you spend your extra days in SIN.

Jakarta has a Batik 9am nonstop to SOQ. Overnight, FM7 close to airport. NAM an early AM nonstop. Garuda - connections via UPG - times are not the best.

Me, I’d be in SOQ the night before the boat’s departure.

Which boat?

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom