Tui Tai Adventure Cruises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DCDivenut

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did a search here and on Rodales but I couldn't find anything on them... I am looking at doing Fiji with my girlfriend probably in Dec next year. She is starting to dive but is not as gung ho as I am. I was thinking of a week on the Nai'a or the Aggressor followed by a week of a land based resort. The Tui Tai seems like an interesting blend of liveaboard diving (i.e. lots of sites all over the islands) and other activitis that she can do when not diving.

The boat looks good but there are not a lot of pictures. I saw that they are doing a refit in '06 but I am still worried that they may try o be too uch of everything and not really do anything well.

Any feedback, stories or experiences? Thanks!

Hi. My husband and I just returned from the Tui Tai and had a fabulous time. It was their second cruise after their 3-month long refit (April 2006). All cabins now have A/C and private baths with modern toilets and plenty of hot water. Food was very good -- not gourmet -- but good. I would recommend it even for folks that do not dive, as you can always kayak, snorkel, go to the beach, etc. Also involved was one day of biking, half a day of hiking, and half a day of kayaking on a river. Three nights you visit different villages, where the locals of approximately 300 people living in a communal environment, put on their native song, dance, kava ceremony, etc. I did not know if I would enjoy this aspect, but it turned out to be a highlight. You will be visiting lands that few ever do.

As for the diving, it was also very good. Not the best ever, but very good. Unforutnately, due to the weather we did not get to do The Great White Wall or Rainbow Reef, which should have been the two best dives. Reef sharks and barracudas were a common occurrence. They make it very easy, as they take care of all of the equipment, you just have to get off and on the rib. I found one of the DMs to be extremely safety conscious, which was very reassuring.

We stayed at the Malolo Resort in the Macanucas for 3 days after the diving. Good for a few days of relaxing, but I could not do it for a whole week, which is probably the case for anything that you will find in Fiji. Very beautiful, very remote, and anything more would be a challenge for Type A personalities.

Bula!

ABritandGrits:
Hi. My husband and I just returned from the Tui Tai and had a fabulous time. It was their second cruise after their 3-month long refit (April 2006). All cabins now have A/C and private baths with modern toilets and plenty of hot water. Food was very good -- not gourmet -- but good. I would recommend it even for folks that do not dive, as you can always kayak, snorkel, go to the beach, etc. Also involved was one day of biking, half a day of hiking, and half a day of kayaking on a river. Three nights you visit different villages, where the locals of approximately 300 people living in a communal environment, put on their native song, dance, kava ceremony, etc. I did not know if I would enjoy this aspect, but it turned out to be a highlight. You will be visiting lands that few ever do.

As for the diving, it was also very good. Not the best ever, but very good. Unforutnately, due to the weather we did not get to do The Great White Wall or Rainbow Reef, which should have been the two best dives. Reef sharks and barracudas were a common occurrence. They make it very easy, as they take care of all of the equipment, you just have to get off and on the rib. I found one of the DMs to be extremely safety conscious, which was very reassuring.

We stayed at the Malolo Resort in the Macanucas for 3 days after the diving. Good for a few days of relaxing, but I could not do it for a whole week, which is probably the case for anything that you will find in Fiji. Very beautiful, very remote, and anything more would be a challenge for Type A personalities.

Bula!

Thanks for the report. I've got 5 days booked on the Tui Tai in August and can hardly wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom