Tubbataha trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so if i am interested in diving Tubbataha.....

what is a good company (any URLS) to use and when is the better time of the year to dive there?

jeff i know that this is a few years late but... in the philippines if you are a dive pro... you have at one point or other worked for expedition fleet or scuba world...

I only responded to this thread which is a year old because someone else brought it up again.

Of course I wouldn't expect a company to carry a DM until he became familiar w/ the reef. I would, however, expect a company to hire locals who are already familiar with the reef. I would also expect a DM to ask for advice if he didn't know what he was doing. There was a DM on the boat who had 10 years of experience diving the reef. His name was Danny. At one dive site, Danny actually spoke up and said he had never heard of anyone diving there. Surprise, surprise, the site was lame.

I would also expect a live aboard company not to crash their boats into the reef. But hey, that's just me.

Do all of you people work for expedition fleet or something. I've been on other liveaboards, and trust me, these guys are sub par.

I could come up with thousands more examples, but nobody wants to hear me rant. If you want to give your money to people who suck, go for it. I won't be giving another penny to expedition fleet.

Back
Top Bottom