Tubbataha Poaching update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jigo:
Heard that Luli Arroyo, a diver, has expressed her concerns to the DOJ over how cases are handled. but then, can PGMA turn her back on 240 billion pesos in investments from China?

so they gave her an offer she couldn't refuse, eh?

jigo:
so far only phil daily inquirer seems to be covering the issue.

yeah for some reason the local news is more interested in featuring stolen bicycles and delivery trucks that hit a lamp post.. more amazing though is the fact that it's stories like these that make TV news rate high to the general population..

Ya, Jai. I would blame the news presenters....

bwahahahahaaaa...

(don't show that to your girlfriend... :D)

Mike Veitch:
Ya, Jai. I would blame the news presenters....

bwahahahahaaaa...

(don't show that to your girlfriend... :D)

Jai?? who is Jai? my name is Axua!! hehehe

seriously though, she does recognize this! but what could they do, those are the stories that bring in the high ratings, high ratings bring in the advertisers, advertisers bring in profits...

we aired the news on chinese investments. how could we not? 240 billion pesos ($5 billion) is nothing to sneeze at. but these investments are actually in china's interest since it is for china's food and biofuel supply. not ours.
china is also building a humongous shipyard in subic. pretty soon their navy will be here for their version of war games (or am i just paranoid about their being on former US naval waters?).
that poaching incident will make a very good investigative report for current affairs shows like the probe team though. they're divers too right?

Sad day when the Chinese got their foot in the door at Subic Bay.

Sorry to bring more bad news guys, but its offcial, DOJ Sec Gonzalez is NOT withdrawing the his order to the Palawan Prosecutors to drop the filing of criminal charges against the crew of the Kwok Kai Ming.

The reason that he based his decision on is setting a bad precedent for the future disposition of illegal fishing cases.

(&%$%#@!$^&()( aaaargh !

bttmdwllr:
Sorry to bring more bad news guys, but its offcial, DOJ Sec Gonzalez is NOT withdrawing the his order to the Palawan Prosecutors to drop the filing of criminal charges against the crew of the Kwok Kai Ming.

The reason that he based his decision on is setting a bad precedent for the future disposition of illegal fishing cases.

(&%$%#@!$^&()( aaaargh !

so what's new? i hate that man. period.

i wouldn't be surprised if he tries to sell tuba to the highest bidder

jigo:
we aired the news on chinese investments. how could we not? 240 billion pesos ($5 billion) is nothing to sneeze at. but these investments are actually in china's interest since it is for china's food and biofuel supply. not ours.
china is also building a humongous shipyard in subic. pretty soon their navy will be here for their version of war games (or am i just paranoid about their being on former US naval waters?).
that poaching incident will make a very good investigative report for current affairs shows like the probe team though. they're divers too right?

jigo I think probe did do a story on it. Sadly its timeslot is late at night. I hope XXX or correspondents do a story. heck I also hope 7 does a story on it.

I think it's time to email the Embassies and consulates...

Dear sir,
I was planning a trip to the Philippines to scuba dive but I heard that the goverment condones fishing for sea turtles and other endangered species.... Why should I bother?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom