Tubbataha Poaching update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca:
I think it's time to email the Embassies and consulates...

Dear sir,
I was planning a trip to the Philippines to scuba dive but I heard that the goverment condones fishing for sea turtles and other endangered species.... Why should I bother?

that's actually a very good idea Ben.

@axua: true. unfortunately, most current affairs shows are relegated to the late hours in favor of top rating game and reality shows. didnt catch the probe feature on poaching. too bad.

What good are laws for if they are just broken at will. Just 10% of 240 billion pesos can go a long way during an election year. Money talks. Ever since the US Navy was booted out the the Philippines the Chinese have started moving in. They are just openning a second base. From the Spratleys to Subic Bay. How sad.

how true. he might even trade tuba for a green card. nothing is preposterous for this guy.

jonix:
it wouldn't get that far with this guy as the DOJ head

[hijack] hey Mags... how was Coron?[/hijack]

Axua:
jigo I think probe did do a story on it. Sadly its timeslot is late at night. I hope XXX or correspondents do a story. heck I also hope 7 does a story on it.

Yes, I remember seeing Probe's episode about Tubattaha. But I think the shoot was before this last incident.

jessica Soho did a story on it last night, rats I missed it! can anyone out there get ahold of a copy? I'll post an update on whats been happening in the legal front later..

So where are those Napoleon wrasses now?

The wrasses and the lapu lapus are in a bfar pen in pp> its being cared for by volunteers from the local colleges and wwf as well as the bfar. latest news I got said 3 seemed stressed so they transferred them into a separate pen.

Come march they will bebrought back to tubbataha and released. The hearings were all postponed upon instruction by the DOJ. ithink its a ploy to delay ittill they thing WE HAVE FORGOTTEN. WE will NOT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom