Tsunami and Moskito Divers Phi Phi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiveturkey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm hearing sad things regarding members of Moskito Divers on Phi Phi. If anyone has any info to contradict this I'd love to hear it. I did my dmt there a few years ago. My thoughts are with them.

Anyone heard anything about Visa Diving on Phi Phi? I Dove with them for several weeks a few years ago. Sad to hear of the destruction on Phi Phi... I really enjoyed that beautiful island and the diving.

Dr. Bill

Snoopy:
Got unconfirmed words that Heniz of Moskito has passed away.
I've heard that too. He also lost 2 of his kids. I hope the rest of his family will be ok. I'm not sure if insurance covers this kind of thing.

From the Moskito Web SIte (www.moskitodiving.com)

To all our customers and friends:
After the terrible tsunami of the 26 December 2005, we are very sorry to inform you that Heinz and his two daughters lost their lives.
If you need to contact us or need more information, please send an e-mail to Aaron: moskitodiving@hotmail.com
The Excalibur is operating normally and you can show your support to the team by continuing diving with us...
Thanks for your support.... The Moskito Diving Team

Sorry to hear that about Heinz and his daughters. I did hear from Kay (manager of the Visa Dive Center on Phi Phi) and she said they lost one instructor and the shop, but fortunately she and Aeg were safe.

Dr. Bill

drbill:
Sorry to hear that about Heinz and his daughters. I did hear from Kay (manager of the Visa Dive Center on Phi Phi) and she said they lost one instructor and the shop, but fortunately she and Aeg were safe.

Dr. Bill

Good to know Key and Aeg are OK. Used their services a couple years back. Good people and great services.

Back
Top Bottom