Trying to locate Quarry in PA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kml9705

Reaction score
I have heard of another quarry in PA similar to Dutch Springs. A friend thought the name was Silver Springs, but I can't find any info on it. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ken L.

kml9705:
I have heard of another quarry in PA similar to Dutch Springs. A friend thought the name was Silver Springs, but I can't find any info on it. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ken L.

There is Bainbridge Springs that is very close to Harrisburg; perhaps that what you were thinking of. It is a dive park with different dive sites.

You can try Bainbridge Scuba Center, South of Harrisburg and 3 mile Island. There is also Willow Springs close to Frystown its shallow, crappy vis but fun once or twice with air on site. Guppy Gultch which I understand is closed now is closer to Lancaster. If you dont get a response go to www.wreckvalley.com and ask there.

kml9705:
I haven't heard of Silver Springs but there are several other quarries in PA. Here are the ones I'm aware of,

http://www.atlanticunderwater.com/divesites/quarrymap.shtml

Try www.dtmag.com and check out the map of "all" the dive sites in the US.

Joe

Dutch Springs is unique. There are no other quarries in PA that compare.

That being said, I know of a small quarry near Lanscaster,PA. and Willow Springs near Reading. Guppy Gulch at the PA/MD border, Bainbridge Sportmans Club near Harrisburg. Pittsburgh has one near New Castle too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom