Trying to find HOG dealers in Vancouver Area!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t1n_2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all

I was wondering if anyone here knows of any HOG dealers in the Vancouver Area or in BC or even down at Seattle-Washington that is able to provide the regulator service. Planning to get a set of the HOG regulators but i'm just worried about servicing in Vancouver. I do not have a Tech Cert nor the knowledge of servicing my own regulators which is why i would feel a lot safer if i could get it serviced by professionals.

Thanks for reading!

Nanaimo Dive Outfitters on the island are HOG dealers and can service the regs for you. It is a great excuse to come across and do some diving over here too.

Did you call around? The parts kits might be generic from a similar product.

Actually HOG is one of the most available companies in the regulator business. They will train individual diver to service their own regs and supply parts for them. Yes many parts will interchange with other regs but unless you are properly trained to service regs you may not know whether one part is compatible or not.
Why not support a company that has taken a very open door approach to reg ownership and service?

Thanks for the replies folks.

I'll definitely check out Nanaimo Dive Outfitters. Are you one of their employees btw NDO (figured ur nick is their abbreviation).
I tried calling some of the dive shops in Vancouver but unable to find any that deals with HOG regulators.
Currently, i have no intention of servicing regulators myself especially since i have less than 30 dives on me and i am still a *holiday* diver. But my decision to choose HOG is due to their attractive price as well as the fact that there is future possibility of servicing my own gear.

Have you considered sending your regs off for service? Not sure what the cost would be for shipping, but I use a store in Florida called Add Helium. Great prices and even better service. The owner (Peter) is a true expert in the dive industry. I live in Georgia and bought my HOG regs from them. I plan to send my regs back there when it's time to service them .

Nanaimo Dive Outfitters on the island are HOG dealers and can service the regs for you. It is a great excuse to come across and do some diving over here too.

I did not realize that NDO was a HOG dealer, I guess I won't have to send my regs off island for service afterall :D. Do you guys ever have the servicing course that HOG offers? I am interested in doing my own servicing in the future and don't know of any courses going on in Canada, could fly down to Long Beach in May to get a course but that would turn into a pretty costly course. Everyone here looks at me like I have 2 heads for having HOG regs because nobody else uses them, I am guessing it won't be like that for long though, once people actually try them.

I'm almost positive [user]cerich[/user] - Chris - owns HOG/Edge if you have any questions.

They also have a mfr's forum here on SB. Edge Gear

Actually, I am the owner of Nanaimo Dive Outfitters - NDO is just so much quicker to type! We have been a HOG dealer since last fall. We do service them and once DEMA in November rolls around we will have our Instructor rating for the servicing so can teach the Tech Divers how to service them and supply the service kits. HOG service kits are the most affordable in the industry and the regs themselves are also really reasonably priced as well as being great performers. I don't think it will take long for more people to be diving HOG regs.

Actually, I am the owner of Nanaimo Dive Outfitters - NDO is just so much quicker to type! We have been a HOG dealer since last fall. We do service them and once DEMA in November rolls around we will have our Instructor rating for the servicing so can teach the Tech Divers how to service them and supply the service kits. HOG service kits are the most affordable in the industry and the regs themselves are also really reasonably priced as well as being great performers. I don't think it will take long for more people to be diving HOG regs.

You say you will be teaching Tech Divers how to service them. What's the requirement/metric there? I would most definitely love to buy regulators for which I could get training so as to self service em, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't qualify as a Tech Diver...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom