Getting out of servicing gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For over 10 years now I have been servicing HOG and Edge brand gear. In July I stopped because I broke my hip. I had plans to resume in 2023 after the holidays. I have also stopped teaching and after looking into the costs, the insurance required for me to continue to just service gear is not worth the return. I have helped the shop I have been working with for the last 8 years or so get set up as a HOG and Edge dealer and I'll be working with him to get the service area in the new shop set up and him up to speed on the brands. I'll also be working for him doing service when my schedule permits under the shop policy.
Other interests that I've picked up are a factor in this as well.
I'm hoping all of my customers around the country and overseas will give Brian Dunn at Dive World in Washington, PA the business they would have given me.
It's been great serving you for the last 10 years.
My accident has been a real eye opener as to what I want to do with my time when I'm not at my regular job. It's also given me an opportunity to assess my risk tolerance again.
Thanks for a great 10 years.
Jim Lapenta
TDI instructor 16810. Retired.

Jim, you are a great role model for how to deal with the spin-down part of our diving careers...which we all have to deal with at some point. Well done.
"So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish"

Back
Top Bottom