Hog service manual frustration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It only takes a hour or two to rebuild a regulator and tune it. As long as you have a backup regulator in case of a calamity, do it when you think its warranted. Base that on IP measurement, # of dives since last service, signs or wear or grit in the filter and ports.

In addition to the dropbox/google drive resource, I always provided my students with a printed copy of the manual. I may be old school but I feel a printed copy is easier to use and less likely to result in a section getting skipped.
In those manuals I also included a laminated schematic of each stage so that you could have hanging/laying in front of you. Laminating them makes them less likely to get messed up and they are easy to wipe off.
Getting access to the manuals requires the instructor to email Jack Schmidt who will email you a link.
In the past he has always gotten that done within a couple of days for me.
I don't know what his workload is like now but it has never taken more than 4-5 days from the time I sent him a name and email address.
Laminating... Excellent Idea.

Why are you not simply accessing them like everyone else? I know the dropbox still works as I pulled one of the manuals myself about 2 days ago.

Why are you not simply accessing them like everyone else? I know the dropbox still works as I pulled one of the manuals myself about 2 days ago.
Is the use of Dropbox or Google Drive up to the individual instructor? It was never clear to me whether everyone who takes the HOG service course regardless of instructor is given access to that same Dropbox that Jack Schmidt gave us access to when we took the course from him.

Is the use of Dropbox or Google Drive up to the individual instructor? It was never clear to me whether everyone who takes the HOG service course regardless of instructor is given access to that same Dropbox that Jack Schmidt gave us access to when we took the course from him.
THAT, I don't know. I will check with Chris.

We were never provided access to any dropbox/Google drive after the class provided by UTD back in 2012. I have emailed Jack but no response. :wink:

I took my class from one of the "independent" trainers, got my cert, forwarded the info to Jack, and was granted Dropbox access (I believe he has possibly changed the storage platform recently)....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom