Trying to find HOG dealers in Vancouver Area!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You say you will be teaching Tech Divers how to service them. What's the requirement/metric there? I would most definitely love to buy regulators for which I could get training so as to self service em, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't qualify as a Tech Diver...
Got this link off the DRIS website http://www.diverightinscuba.com/courses/technical-diving/service/Edge HOG Tools.pdf

I believe it should answer your question, but may want to ask HOG/EDGE directly.

---------- Post added April 10th, 2012 at 12:56 PM ----------

Now that I think about it, I think those may just be pre-reqs for a Certified Technician, if taking it to just service your own may be different. Either way I am interested in finding out as well.

You say you will be teaching Tech Divers how to service them. What's the requirement/metric there? I would most definitely love to buy regulators for which I could get training so as to self service em, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't qualify as a Tech Diver...

I am guessing that the requirement to hold a technical/nitrox certificate as a prerequisite is to ensure the service technician has a basic understanding of oxygen service.

There have been multiple threads on this, bottom line is that any tech cert qualifies you, including TDI EAN. The PADI EAN course does not qualify.

Also any overhead training, that means ice for you Canucks :D, is a go as well. Most Intro to Tech courses also are ok. With these you still need to have a nitrox cert. Just that the TDI Nitrox cert (SDI does not) qualifies on it's own.

I am also a TDI Edge/HOG Equipment Service Clinic Instructor.

Sounds like you've got your answer, but Sound Aquatics here in Seattle also is a HOG dealer and can service regs. Scott does a good job of it. I took the service class from him.

We bought our 2 HOG sets from Jim Lapenta this fall. At this point our plan is to send them back to him for service since they will easily travel in a USPS Flat Rate Box.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom