Try a different taste.........DIVING IN BATAM ISLAND

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I read this here
and I am not convinced that the marine park is not for public,
forst the Goverment ( Batam Governmnet) that is ""promotes'
Pulau Abang - Galang Baru - as a nice place for diving and snokeling.

A permission - I don't thinks so. I know Batam and surroundings
I dived and snorkeld there, never needed anything even I hired a boot...

saya berbicara bahasa tapi aku tak dapat mengerti anda.

Hi Cindy,
Thanks for your pm to me.

Some of the corals in your pictures look nice but I assure you that Bali and Bunaken have similar if not better quality.
That is what make me wondering why you are confident to make such a strong remarks.
Anyway, what make a diver choose the destination is not about the corals only, one of the main reasons is the creature they can find, specialty and experience.
Bunaken has very pristine and beautiful wall, also good macro in the shallow reef, nearby there are also best muck diving in the world, same with Bali.
Bali has very diverse diving, from wall to wreck and muck.

One poster asked you whether there are certain fish you can find there, which is a good/strong point that weight into decision of whether to visit a place. Example, divers visit Bunaken/Bali to see frogfish, ghostpipefish, flamboyan cuttlefish, boxer crab, mola-mola, rhinopias. bobbit worm, pygmy seahorse and many more things.

It's true that each diving destinations have their own beauty and specific related experience, but
there are not many places in the world that can compare to these two, imho. Compare is hardly. Surpass, I really doubt it.

I'm in close contact with some divers who have gone to the three places you compare, there is not a single word of comparison and Batam has never came out as something to mention.

Don't get me wrong, I actually see good spirit in your enthutiasm.
Just be careful with the strong remarks that most people here might find it questionable.
I also agree that beside asking us to give it a try, you probably can go Bali and Bunaken to see why I find it skeptical to compare.

Cheers,
Ice

Thanks for your advise and info...
Did you friend also ever dive around Pulau Abang?.....
Well for me it's okay....if noone not interesting with our new divesites no problem for me....everybody have their own opinion.......if everybody need fresh place or new place divessite please come.....and find everything inside our underwater....:wink:

Well I read this here
and I am not convinced that the marine park is not for public,
forst the Goverment ( Batam Governmnet) that is ""promotes'
Pulau Abang - Galang Baru - as a nice place for diving and snokeling.

A permission - I don't thinks so. I know Batam and surroundings
I dived and snorkeld there, never needed anything even I hired a boot...

Well ....maybe you missunderstanding here....we are open now for public who want to enjoy and do the fun diving (this is one our government program in visit Batam 2010)......we just not allowed for someone who come just for not good reason. Just my advise.......If you come to that sites it's better you come with someone who already now with the villagers around the island......

When you did the last dive and snokle in Pulau Abang?......
Please share here!...maybe will good with the pics......
I will waiting for your next dive and snorkle here......:wink:

Cindy that is a very sweet offer, but I will not be flying into to SE asia till June 1st and will start my 10 week trip in the Philippines. It does sound like a peaceful remote island - maybe its a great get away for someone who is traveling in Singapore :wink:.

Kathydee.....the offer still valid for you....and valid till forever......:):wink:
and maybe you can teach me how to take a good underwater pic......:cool2:

Hi Cindy,

I sent you an email just now. I am a diver based in Singapore. I would like to arrange to come across to Batam some time in May. Can you email or PM me with more details
It doesn't bother me if the diving is not like Bali, or Bunaken, as long as there is diving, and at least 3 metres viz I will be happy
Thanks
Dave

Hi Cindy,

I sent you an email just now. I am a diver based in Singapore. I would like to arrange to come across to Batam some time in May. Can you email or PM me with more details
It doesn't bother me if the diving is not like Bali, or Bunaken, as long as there is diving, and at least 3 metres viz I will be happy
Thanks
Dave

Dave, Nice knowing you...:wink:
Well okay I will send you all the thing.
I have never been to pulau hantu ..but in Pulau Abang also have pulau Hantu (Ghost Island) .

Well ....maybe you missunderstanding here....we are open now for public who want to enjoy and do the fun diving (this is one our government program in visit Batam 2010)......we just not allowed for someone who come just for not good reason. Just my advise.......If you come to that sites it's better you come with someone who already now with the villagers around the island......

When you did the last dive and snokle in Pulau Abang?......
Please share here!...maybe will good with the pics......
I will waiting for your next dive and snorkle here......:wink:

Well, maybe you suffer from memory loss you wrote before , that it is not for public.
Besids what do you mean with "we just allow someone who come for just good reason"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom