Try a different taste.........DIVING IN BATAM ISLAND

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love to be wrong, but I doubt if Batam has something close to Bunaken or Bali for diving.
I would love if you can provide more descriptive information rather than unclear statements.
Nobody will travel half the globe or even 45 minute ferry just to simply trust your signatures without evidences.

Can you check the pics?...

IMHO... the pics. looked like not so good viz in a very shallow reef. The table coral is nice though...

IMHO... the pics. looked like not so good viz in a very shallow reef. The table coral is nice though...

FYI ...The pics still original no photoshop. and not good underwater photographer.

Attachments

• Pulau Jong (3).jpg
    Pulau Jong (3).jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 66
  • P1010002 copy1.jpg
    P1010002 copy1.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 80
  • P1010045.jpg
    P1010045.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 80
Cindy

Did you ever dive in Bali or Bunakan?

Cindy

Did you ever dive in Bali or Bunakan?

Hi, Kathydee thanks for your attention to my thread....
I just want to inform you....
On 23 April till 26 April we have a Dive Master Course Schedule.......if you want to dive for free, we Allowed you to follow them on that date......During they on course you can dive and see our diving place......:wink:

Hi Cindy,
Thanks for your pm to me.

Some of the corals in your pictures look nice but I assure you that Bali and Bunaken have similar if not better quality.
That is what make me wondering why you are confident to make such a strong remarks.
Anyway, what make a diver choose the destination is not about the corals only, one of the main reasons is the creature they can find, specialty and experience.
Bunaken has very pristine and beautiful wall, also good macro in the shallow reef, nearby there are also best muck diving in the world, same with Bali.
Bali has very diverse diving, from wall to wreck and muck.

One poster asked you whether there are certain fish you can find there, which is a good/strong point that weight into decision of whether to visit a place. Example, divers visit Bunaken/Bali to see frogfish, ghostpipefish, flamboyan cuttlefish, boxer crab, mola-mola, rhinopias. bobbit worm, pygmy seahorse and many more things.

It's true that each diving destinations have their own beauty and specific related experience, but
there are not many places in the world that can compare to these two, imho. Compare is hardly. Surpass, I really doubt it.

I'm in close contact with some divers who have gone to the three places you compare, there is not a single word of comparison and Batam has never came out as something to mention.

Don't get me wrong, I actually see good spirit in your enthutiasm.
Just be careful with the strong remarks that most people here might find it questionable.
I also agree that beside asking us to give it a try, you probably can go Bali and Bunaken to see why I find it skeptical to compare.

Cheers,
Ice

Hi, Kathydee thanks for your attention to my thread....
I just want to inform you....
On 23 April till 26 April we have a Dive Master Course Schedule.......if you want to dive for free, we Allowed you to follow them on that date......During they on course you can dive and see our diving place......:wink:

Cindy that is a very sweet offer, but I will not be flying into to SE asia till June 1st and will start my 10 week trip in the Philippines. It does sound like a peaceful remote island - maybe its a great get away for someone who is traveling in Singapore :wink:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom