• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Truth Aquatics - CASE 2:19-cv-07693 COMPLAINT EXONERATION OF LIABILITY

Discussion in 'Diving Litigation' started by Cert1967, Sep 6, 2019.

1. edwants2dive

edwants2dive Contributor

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I know this is a bit old but I know the answer (and didn't google it). He was and still is the only person to be both POTUS and Chief justice of SCOTUS.

tridacna likes this.
  2. Cert1967

Cert1967 Let's Go Skiing

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Winner, Winner - Chicken Dinner for you

And to think that SB now has history lessons or at least trivia!

Taft and Teddy, a furball of a fight - Wilson the beneficiary

Hoyden likes this.
  3. rjack321

rjack321 Captain

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Any updates on this case since December?

4. Cert1967

Cert1967 Let's Go Skiing

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    What's happening in the federal case, 2/19-cv-07693?

First a quick read of 177, 178, 179 is in order

The short answer is, hello California court system. But we may be back to see you.

Filing 177

PETITIONERS AND COUNTER CLAIMANTS FURTHER AGREE AND STIPULATE that:
    • The Court shall continue to maintain the exclusive jurisdiction to decide PETITIONERS’ rights to limit their liability under the Act;
    • The injunction prohibiting COUNTER CLAIMANTS from prosecuting any and all suits, actions, or legal proceedings in any other forum (ECF No. 16 at 2:6–15) shall be lifted (and only lifted) as to the COUNTER CLAIMANTS who have expressly entered into this stipulation;
    • The instant action shall be stayed. COUNTER CLAIMANTS shall then file all their claims against PETITIONERS as related actions in the Stanley Mosk Courthouse of the Superior Court of Los Angeles and shall move, jointly and severally, to have them assigned to a single judge in the Complex Litigation Program under Cal. Court Rule 3.400 and Local Rule 3.3(k)
    Filing 179
    • The Court orders this action administratively closed and removed from the Court’s active caseload until further application by the parties or order of this Court. The parties shall file a semi-annual Status Report beginning August 1, 2021 and continuing every six months until the related actions are resolved. Failure to file a required Status Report may result in dismissal of this action without prejudice.