TRUK and YAP in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And a few U/W. I had just started taking U/W pictures after taking a course from Mike in Yap. I have a bunch more un-edited ones at the link on the bottom.

_MG_8625.jpg

_MG_8588.jpg

_MG_8579.jpg

_MG_8460_2.jpg

_MG_8368.jpg

_MG_8338_2copy_2.jpg

_MG_8307.jpg

_MG_8009.jpg

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j182/DiverDennis/Chuuk/

You sure get around.

...and have women in every port, evidently.

dang, she looks like an Olympian swimmer. Didn't know you were into spear-chuckers. Or us white girls.

Dennis, did you see any of skulls of Japanese embedded in those wrecks? I saw some pictures of that. Were they bombed or hit by a sub?

Thank you Dennis for those great shots. I'm sure my pics will not come near the quality of yours. Those shots really sparked my anticipation for the Truk dives. Wow, that was fun to see.

Diver Dennis:
And a few U/W. I had just started taking U/W pictures after taking a course from Mike in Yap. I have a bunch more un-edited ones at the link on the bottom.

_MG_8625.jpg

_MG_8588.jpg

_MG_8579.jpg

_MG_8460_2.jpg

_MG_8368.jpg

_MG_8338_2copy_2.jpg

_MG_8307.jpg

_MG_8009.jpg

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j182/DiverDennis/Chuuk/

Hey, long time no hear. How are you? Would you and your Marine like to meet me in Truk or Yap?

If I rememeber my history no subs were engaged in this raid on Truk, only US carrier based aircraft.

catherine96821:
You sure get around.

...and have women in every port, evidently.

dang, she looks like an Olympian swimmer. Didn't know you were into spear-chuckers. Or us white girls.

Dennis, did you see any of skulls of Japanese embedded in those wrecks? I saw some pictures of that. Were they bombed or hit by a sub?

That's true PF, it was just aircraft I think. Yes I did see the skulls Catherine as well as some "human" bones in one of the operating rooms. I'm not sure they are really from the battle as I thought the Japanese had mounted an expedition to recover their dead after the war. I might be wrong though.

You'll love the diving there PF.

Diver Dennis:
That's true PF, it was just aircraft I think. Yes I did see the skulls Catherine as well as some "human" bones in one of the operating rooms. I'm not sure they are really from the battle as I thought the Japanese had mounted an expedition to recover their dead after the war. I might be wrong though.

You'll love the diving there PF.

I am really looking forward to it. The travel there will be a bugger though.

I do believe the Japanese have declared it a grave site but I have not heard of bone removal by them. Just ceremony to bless them.

I just ordered a few books online that Scared Silly recommended: WWII Wrecks of Truk Lagoon by Dan Bailey and The Raid on Truk by Klaus Linderman

catherine96821:
are you allowed to take pictures, or is that considered wrong?

Yes, you can look, take photos but don't touch. Out of respect for the dead I would only observe the bones.

Back
Top Bottom