TRUK and YAP in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very valuable advice. Thank you. Those were my thoughts as well, if you're not trained, stay away from it. I think all they hang downat Safety stop is air,21%02, not higher O2 mixutes. I will not exceed my 130ft limit.

sharkbait13:
pilot fish...as a certified tech diver i would suggest that if youre not trained in deco procedures trying such a thing in truk of all places would not be my first choice even if u do have insurance coming out your ears. good way to ruin the rest of your holiday.
if u have the time and well the deneros get certified in deco procedures prior to going.
seen to many bad things happen
just my 2 cents

take care

Here is one i found of the boats from blue lagoon, i was standing by the "dive shop" when i took it, in the distance between the 2 islands is the thorfinn. They have a lot of boats! the hotel is very pretty and has nice grounds, but service is very bad, orders messed up waiting a hour for food etc.
The guides in water are good but breifings are poor.
324372503_8f8e412806.jpg

+Jon+:
Here is one i found of the boats from blue lagoon, i was standing by the "dive shop" when i took it, in the distance between the 2 islands is the thorfinn. They have a lot of boats! the hotel is very pretty and has nice grounds, but service is very bad, orders messed up waiting a hour for food etc.
The guides in water are good but breifings are poor.
324372503_8f8e412806.jpg

Do you have to wait an hour for breakfast too? groannnnnnnnn

It looks like they only fit a few divers on each dive boat?

I just wanted to say publically a big "thank you" to Scared Silly and his informative PM's to me on this subject. He has been very very helpful. Things like this are this Boards strenght, the people posting and willing to help. Thanks Allen.

pilot fish:
How long did you stay at Blue Lagoon Hotel, Dennis? Were you able to get served breakfast in enough time so you could dive? That has me concerned because that is an important meal for divers - need the fuel to stay alert and warm :) Can you do a
3rd afternoon dive?

Great to hear I can buddy with DM. That is reasurring to hear. One stupid thing, do you tip DM is that neck of the woods? Did I hear that in some places it's an insult?

Thank you guys for the feedback because I'm totally on the blind on this one.

Yap is another story because I hear very positive things about it, plus I'm meeting a dive buddy there after I dive Truk

We had breakfast every morning for the 6 dive days we were there, PF. As someone else posted, it was not busy and we, my girlfriend and I, had our own DM and boat. We did tip him $10 a day. We also did 3 dives a day which was plenty for my girlfriend at the time, sometimes I did the afternoon dive with just the DM.

They have internet in the office for a small charge but it is quite slow. Overall we had a great time there, the staff is very friendly and the grounds are beautiful. The boats we used had a roof on them. I'll post a few pictures and see if I have a picture of the boats as well.

Dennis, 6 nights there means you had time to form an informed opinion. Glad to hear, real glad, it was positive. You had, I take it, no problems with getting breakfast in enough time to dive? Im getting excted to hear such poitive things. I'm going out now to look for a book that Allen, Scared Silly, recommended on Truk diving.

Thanks Dennis

Diver Dennis:
We had breakfast every morning for the 6 dive days we were there, PF. As someone else posted, it was not busy and we, my girlfriend and I, had our own DM and boat. We did tip him $10 a day. We also did 3 dives a day which was plenty for my girlfriend at the time, sometimes I did the afternoon dive with just the DM.

They have internet in the office for a small charge but it is quite slow. Overall we had a great time there, the staff is very friendly and the grounds are beautiful. The boats we used had a roof on them. I'll post a few pictures and see if I have a picture of the boats as well.

Back
Top Bottom