True drysuit hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcollin160

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i had quit diving 10 yrs ago due to kids. then i had a typhoon commercial drysuit with the ring system hood and gloves. now that i am getting back into it I purchase a used Zeagle commercial suit. I have seen the gloves in a ring system but have not seen anything for hoods. do they still make them? what options do i have? i already have a 7mm hood with a zipper.

What exactly do you mean? Regular drysuit hoods? Yes they make them, your 7mm one should work fine. I don't think we understand exactly what you're asking. If there's a ring system for a hood?

I used to have a latex hood on a ring system just like the gloves are. then you would put a neoprene over for insulation. my full face mask would seal to the latex so i was totally dry.

I cant remember who made it that was back in 1999. I havent been able to find the same thing anywhere.

I used to have a latex hood on a ring system just like the gloves are. then you would put a neoprene over for insulation. my full face mask would seal to the latex so i was totally dry.

I cant remember who made it that was back in 1999. I havent been able to find the same thing anywhere.

Sounds like DUI's 'ZipSeals'. I have a feeling that it is a patented design, which is why we don't see it on other suits.

...I know exactly what you're refering to.

Give Bob3 here on the board a PM or a call; he deals with commercial drysuits and can fix you up.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom