Troubleshooting for USB that won't connect or charge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moorish8idol

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi folks! Any troubleshooting tips for a micro 2.0 that all of a sudden won't connect or charge on the USB?

Just used it in the Philippines for the first time and worked great. Had no problem charging there and now that I'm home I went to upload straight to my PC and it no longer gives me the PC or charge option which means it also won't charge and is on its last bar. I wanna upload and share my vids and be able to use the camera on the upcoming trip. Help!

Plug something else into your PC port to make sure the port is working and/or try a different port. Maybe even try another PC just to rule it out. inspect your cable good to make sure there are no suspected breaks in it.

inspect your cable good to make sure there are no suspected breaks in it.
Just try a different cable. It is hard to see an internal broken wire.

LOTS, I mean LOTS of USB micro cables are poor. I've had very good success with Monoprice. I think they are better than Aukey or Anker. I had a Samsung S3 phone that absolutely nothing else would work on. Never had one fail and use them continuously.

micro has that little connector thingy with 4 contacts, doesn't it? Try wobbling it in place. Also try cleaning the contacts.

Thanks guys. I have cleaned it and used many different USB cables. No luck.

Yes. Nothing works. Also I am based in Europe and the European end of things won't even get back to me (US end just said, talk to the Europeans) on how I can have them look into it/repair it... with a whole bunch of videos and pics on it that I can't upload...

That makes it difficult. I didn’t know that there was a separate European distributor. The head office (in the US) is a very good reputation for responding to customer questions/problems.

It does sound as though you have identified the camera as being the problem.

All I can suggest is to work through the US office, pointing out that the Europeans are not getting back to you. At the very least, they should ‘lean on’ the European distributor to provide the same level of support that their US customers expect.

Is there enough charge to connect wirelessly and download the files that way? I believe the default password is 1234567890.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom