Tropical Storm Grace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all, in the exact same situation as Venom, arriving 21st, staying at Casa Mexicana, diving with 3Ps. How bad is the damage to boats and general infrastructure? Will diving be pretty much back to normal from Sat onwards? Thanks in advance for any helpful updates and info

Hi all, in the exact same situation as Venom, arriving 21st, staying at Casa Mexicana, diving with 3Ps. How bad is the damage to boats and general infrastructure? Will diving be pretty much back to normal from Sat onwards? Thanks in advance for any helpful updates and info

In town, Casa Mexicana area, the marina is fine, just branches and few random trees. Still raining and blowing so not sure how much real cleanup will happen today. CFE is out working - seen guys up on poles in the driving rain.

Tell me that you didn't arrive recently.

Nah, got here two weeks ago. That said, I did see a taxi pull up in front of our building yesterday afternoon and spit out a couple with some dive gear and luggage, I'm assuming that they flew in on one of the last flights before the airport closed yesterday.

Boats at the southern marina look fine. Jorge (Cubano) posted some photos on Facebook showing his & one of ScubaTony's . Both were Blue XT Sea boats a few months ago.

It is such a relief to hear that the damage wasn't severe. I have been nervous for two days and I'm not even on the island! Thank you to everyone for providing updates.

I did see a taxi pull up in front of our building yesterday afternoon and spit out a couple with some dive gear and luggage, I'm assuming that they flew in on one of the last flights before the airport closed yesterday.
crazy-600w-85579054.jpg

It should be fine by then, from what I have seen and the pictures, you'll hardly noticed anything happened by tomorrow night

I'm gonna edit this because I just seen a picture of the old road heading south, doesn't say exactly where this is at BUT it doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of pole damage in town so maybe this will be just a few days to fix.

View attachment 677511

I think this was probably clear to you @Venom , but this photo down South likely does affect Secrets. I have a friend who lives very close to there who thinks their area might be without power for a few days. Ordinarily Mexico is quite good about restoring power after hurricanes, but this weekend might be on the iffy side given Secrets distance from town. Obviously you would prefer a definite yes or a definite no, but that is the information I have. My guess is there might be a fair amount of slack hotel capacity on the north side of town if you want to use that as backup plan (Coral Princess/Hotel B/Westin etc) Obviously further from dive sites and they have artificial beach areas as opposed to a natural beach at Secrets.

Yes - the more you read about things, Charlie is right. Someone is saying Residence Reef is without water for two weeks but they do not say why - lack of their pump power or CAPA power....

They are saying three days for power to be restored but......

@DeltaWardog - don't want to steer you wrong.....

check out Freedom in Paradise FB page - lots of destruction there

Residence Reef is without water for two weeks

Oof! That's where I'm staying, but not for a month yet. That really sucks for everyone staying there now! What would people do in that situation for showering and stuff? Here at home you'd just go to the gym or bug a neighbor, but where would you go in Cozumel to get cleaned up every day?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom