triple reflector from DE for Cree/P7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucca brassi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
On base of screen picture I have prepaired blueprint for AluPCB with triple SSC P7. I just start to order some of these reflectors ( I know that I must made bigger hole for P7)
I just like to be sure - has anyone here build lamp with these reflectors , have maybe bamshot pictures? Reflectors are these

sku_11921_1.jpg

or

sku_11922_1.jpg

Best Regards

Last edited:
I have seen a maglite conversion using 3 P7 that looked like it used this reflector.

I always made my own head enclosures because of some heat dissipation details.
Like only to be sure to get uniform round beam with a little hot spot in the centre.

I have seen a maglite conversion using 3 P7 that looked like it used this reflector

You maybe think this?
CANDLEPOWERFORUMS MAGLITE 3 P7

Last edited:
Yeap, wrong thing, huh?

I know someone who used one of those in a maglite with 3 MC-E's. 30watts, so it chews through the battery, but it's BRIGHT! Focus wasn't as bad as I expected.

Actually I have some ideas to correct beam...but I must simply build it and test it (not just talk :D ) :dork2:

next thing it is to made lamp based on this (light path it is in the opposite direction)

300px-Cassegrain-Telescope.svg.png

or

250px-Prime_focus_telescope.svg.png

Yeah, with a driver, you would need about 15.5 volts. Without I ran 3 P7 directly with 9 D batteries about 10.8 volts. I used NiMH, but I would definitely go with LiIon next time.

I am currently working on a custom machined SSC P7 direct drive with 14,400 mah battery pack. The canister will be Delrin and the light head aluminum. Light head will be a huge heat sink.

I have accumulator from here NEWTECS 14.4V /10Ah it is quite small.
14,4%20Volt%20Tauchlampenakkupack%20Mono%20Typ%20NT%20-%2010000mAh%20P%204n3i_web.jpg

length : 179.5mm ; diameter :<80mm; weight : 1,95kg

With fall on step-down switcher 1,5V I have full tension long time. But please don't do that without controller:coffee:

I used NiMH, but I would definitely go with LiIon next time

Not agree quite - LiPo are light (thats part is fine -think small too) but I think that canister it is to much buoyant . I have wing same as DIRZONE for single and I have with in weight pockets 4+4kg . With lamp 4+2(lamp2) - to get balanced rig in that case don't use pocket on right side. Also I have 1,88m and plenty of space to put my canister :)
LiPo's same capacity 2x(U= 7,4V , I=5000mA ,weight= 270g ) = 0,54kg , price is the same : 119&#8364; . But battery is more tricky , need protective circuit , maybe overheat....explode :)

I have in work 2 tanks and several lids ( lamp testing ) at local workshop - H new style lids in exeption with sliding reed switch which looks like normal toggle switch and some other changes which I think they are useful.Plastic it is the same like yours.

Light head will be a huge heat sink.
read this HEATSINKS and find some online calculators- I think you'll find out what the fake is. It don't need to be to big but it need right waterflow.

I have think to put in lamp head wet contacts switch - just to reduce light power to lets say about 25% - just enough to came out of water at night dive to the shore (rocky) and not to overheat/burn lamp.

Last edited:
Yesterday I finally got reflectors from DE ! (1,5 month!) I have started to route PCB (now I finally have pieces to mesure them) for LED still I have to start drawing constant current driver PCB.

3_P7.JPG

I have thought that I can maybe made at that reflector variable focus with some more hacking on reflector...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom