Triple-L, Huge Price Increase in the wetsuit-27%

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeC:
With your logic the kids of today will have no jobs when they are 25-35, except at BK or Wendys.

"If you want to compete... be competitive." how?? what is the cost of living there? Annual wages? GROW up.
without wishing to take this thread too far away from track, which i have , this argument from americans always make me laugh.

Rule 1 - the world does not owe you a living.

I work for an american company and sell in asia, i cover factories in US, canada and europe. As part of my scope of supply i have to buy key sub supply items, which for my asian market i buy from Asia cos its cheaper. The base product still comes out of north america but around 40-50% is now from asia, so now my factories are p155ed with me for buying foriegn product to put with ours.
So the question is, do you want 50% US made which is competitive, or do you want 100% US made which is not compettive and you cant sell.

Within limits outsourcing is a neccesary evil. we are now looking at India for some of out documentation, unions are up in arms, jobs being lost, which is true, but if we don't do this the companies which produce 100% in low cost areas will put us completely out of business and even more jobs will be lost.

Just buy Americam and from friends of the United States of America. Without which the rest of you who have forgotten the bravery of so many of our children who rest in graves on foreign soil. That without their sacrafice many of you would have no heritage to be proud of.

Albion:
without wishing to take this thread too far away from track, which i have , this argument from americans always make me laugh.

Rule 1 - the world does not owe you a living.

I work for an american company and sell in asia, i cover factories in US, canada and europe. As part of my scope of supply i have to buy key sub supply items, which for my asian market i buy from Asia cos its cheaper. The base product still comes out of north america but around 40-50% is now from asia, so now my factories are p155ed with me for buying foriegn product to put with ours.
So the question is, do you want 50% US made which is competitive, or do you want 100% US made which is not compettive and you cant sell.

Within limits outsourcing is a neccesary evil. we are now looking at India for some of out documentation, unions are up in arms, jobs being lost, which is true, but if we don't do this the companies which produce 100% in low cost areas will put us completely out of business and even more jobs will be lost.

hoosier:
I know $12.50 handling charge is listed even for the domestic delivery, but there was no shipping/handling charge for mine. It took 10 days to get all items from Chicago warehouse.
Very interesting, I DID pay the $12.50 handling charge. I wonder why you didn't have to.

lairdb:
The sound you hear is dollars flowing toward best value. If you want to compete... be competitive.

The market is only free and competitive if the people are free. The low cost of labor in communist or former communist countries is not due to a true competition, but only government opression.

The choices you make with your money now WILL affect your children's future and possibly your future employement.

Sirto:
Very interesting, I DID pay the $12.50 handling charge. I wonder why you didn't have to.

Let me have more information.

How much and when did order?

h

Always Breath:
Just buy Americam and from friends of the United States of America. Without which the rest of you who have forgotten the bravery of so many of our children who rest in graves on foreign soil. That without their sacrafice many of you would have no heritage to be proud of.

Always Breath,

Scubaboard has members from all over the world and is an international forum so there are many different perspectives on the subject of who to buy from.

Rickg

hoosier:
Let me have more information.

How much and when did order?

h
I ordered a BCD about 3 weeks ago and there was a $12.50 charge added for handling.

spectrum:
Had they been low balling to gain market share? After all how can they sell gear like they're buying it in a whole other world?

Pete

Triple-L is a division of BagsWorld. It's a French run company out of Vietnam. About 3.5 years ago when I was developing product for Abysmal Diving Inc. (Abyss Dive Systems) we had them make some prototypes for us. The cost was incredible. However since Vietnam was not on the "favored nation" status with importing which had a 20% tariff on inbound product. While we never actually went into manufacturing with them. Jack Cummins is a great guy, his products are excellent for the price. $87 bucks for a 7mill suit is just great at 2x the price.

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom