Triple-L, Huge Price Increase in the wetsuit-27%

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yknot:
The Vietnamese will work for $100 a month. As far as the US is concerned, how do you propose we compete against those types of wages?

Um, if you meant your question more than rhetorically, there are two answers. One, be willing to work for the same wage (and accept the lifestyle, lack of public services, etc. that that would imply.) This is an unacceptable answer for most workers, and if adopted nonetheless would result in a fairly widespread collapse in the U.S. economy in the intermediate term.

Two, perform work unsuitable for a low-tech, poor infrastructure populations.

If you're looking for an answer that allows U.S. workers to perform wetsuit assembly and still provides wetsuits at low prices, there isn't one.

I have strong opinions about offshore competition, but I'll shelve those for now.

I will point out that any material or product that relies on petroleum as a key raw ingredient is going to be greatly effected by the global rise in the price of oil.

Neoprene (synthetic rubber) starts out as oil.

In low wage countries the cost of the materials is a greater percentage of the finished goods than in high wage countries.

My guess, only a guess, is that LLL has had to pass on the higher cost of their materials.

I know in my business, some suppliers of plastics, urethanes, etc, will only quote "current" prices, i.e. good for an order right now. It's like ordering lobster, i.e. "current market price"

Regards,

Tobin George

lairdb:
The sound you hear is dollars flowing toward best value. If you want to compete... be competitive.

With your logic the kids of today will have no jobs when they are 25-35, except at BK or Wendys.

"If you want to compete... be competitive." how?? what is the cost of living there? Annual wages? GROW up.

This review has been posted in the new thread.

glad i got my full 3mm a month ago..these prices still rock though...

Sirto:
Read the fine print. Shipping is free but there is a $12.50 handling charge!!

I know $12.50 handling charge is listed even for the domestic delivery, but there was no shipping/handling charge for mine. It took 10 days to get all items from Chicago warehouse.

Remember, the color of marker buoy runs in the water. Even, when you rinse it, you can see that.

My problem with Triple L, is not their pricing policy. But the fact that their products are made in "Vietnam" and the distributor is "French". Call me patiotic, but with so many friends and family in uniform, both past and present. That Double Whammy is hard for me to be comfortable with.
"Semper Fi"

Back
Top Bottom