Trip to the Philippines in pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are No. 1 baby. Don't let those other jokers try and convince you otherwise :D

Z..

Good answer. Remember the correct answer to most (if not all) questions from a significant other is "yes" even if you plan to do something differently. You can always beg for forgiveness later. It took me a long to learn that :)

Good answer. Remember the correct answer to most (if not all) questions from a significant other is "yes" even if you plan to do something differently. You can always beg for forgiveness later. It took me a long to learn that :)

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Very nice Zee!

Zee in action:
2333376384_8604c7a6b9_b.jpg

Both courtesy of Larry, THE hammerhead.

Start hugging your photographer friends, folks!

Bloody bubbles - who was below me?

:rofl2: :rofl2:

Bloody bubbles - who was below me?
..... :54: ......

Nice stuff Zee! Gotta love taking U/W photos...:)

Uuuuummmmmm Larry, those would be Chip's. I know you were on your rebreather...

Oh, you snitch. :28:

edit: actually I don't think it's me! Look behind Zee's leg - those look like my freediving fins! ha!

For more photos, visit this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...222711-sogod-southern-leyte-picturelogue.html

And the route we took. We dove in 4 locations - Sogod Bay, Leyte; Alona Beach, Bohol; Cabilao, Bohol; Balicasag, Bohol:

ac024e2d.jpg

Itinerary:

1. Flight from Manila to Tacloban. ~1 hour. ~1.5K-2.4K PHP one way trip. We took Cebu Pacific. (Blue solid line)
2. Land transfer from Tacloban to Sogod Bay. ~3 hours. ~3K PHP one way. Resort arranges. (Pink dotted line in Leyte)
3. Land transfer from Sogod Bay to Bato. ~1.5 hours. ~1.5K PHP one way. Resort arranges.
4. Bangka ride from Bato to Ubay, Bohol. ~2 hours. P100 per person one way. Leaves daily 8am but if it is not full it leaves 9am. (Pink dashed line)
5. Trikie ride from ferry terminal to van hire terminal. ~5 mins. Payment is at your discretion. Give them at least P50. Don't worry about finding a trikie - they hawk for you once the ferry arrives.
6. Private land transfer from Bato to Alona Beach. ~2 hours. 2K PHP but can probably haggle down to 1.5K PHP. Passes through Tagbilaran so can stock up on supplies and such. (Pink dotted line)
7. Private land transfer from Alona Beach to Loon. Just over an hour. 1.5K-1.7K PHP. Resort arranges. (small pink dotted line)
8. Boat transfer from Loon to Cabilao Island. ~10 mins if using a speed boat. ~20 mins if using a bangka. Complimentary with the resort. Tip the baggage handlers. (small pink dotted line)
9. From Cabilao you can enter and exit via Argao, Cebu. This is what Larry did. One way was around ~4K PHP all the way into Cebu. The resort can arrange it (Blue dashed/dotted line).

A transfer from Tagbilaran to Alona Beach is P600 published rate. But you can get it for P400 if you have a contact (ie Maggie).

edit: from Bato you can also get to Cebu City (What enrique and Bryan did). (Yellow dashed line)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom