Trip to Fl. booked June 22-July 9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ Desert Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello to all of you Conch Divers! I'm will be staying in the North Port area during most of my stint in Fl. However, I've booked a 10 dive trip in Key Largo with Silent World on the 23-25 of June. I was very bummed to here from Chris yesterday that they didn't have an wreck dives planned during my time there. This was my whole point of going to Key Largo was to dive the Spiegel and the Duane. He did however inform me that they will see if there is a partner of theirs going out there and maybe I could go with them.

My plea is to anyone who wants go wreck diving during the 23-25 please let me know and just maybe you could book with Silent World and help out a fellow diver.

I'm also looking for a/or partner(s) who would be willing to go diving at Ginnie Springs sometime during the week of 26th. If you are interested please let me know.

I'm also open to going diving around the Vience Beach area as well. Would loved to have made it to Bithday dive on the 24th, but I will be in Key Largo then.

Thanks,
Adam

Adam. Do you have your AOW? Most ops in Largo require AOW for the deep wrecks. Otherwise you'll be paying for a guide to go with you.

Honestly if Silent World isn't running the trip you want... I would call around, until you find someone who is running to where you want to go. There is NO shortage of Dive Ops in Key Largo. The last time I went down there, I spent 20 minutes calling around, since I was calling the day before I wanted to dive (I just did a day trip) to see who would run the Grove for us.

I just got my AOW a few dives ago. Thanks for the info.

AZ Desert Diver:
I just got my AOW a few dives ago. Thanks for the info.
And they will probably also ask you when your last deep ocean dive was.

If your profile is true (0-15 dives) - they may still require a guide. I would mention to the dive op of your choice, your experience level too. Just so there's no surprises when you get there. :wink:

I am always very honest when someone asks me my experience level and when I'm booking dives as to. That is one thing no one shouldn't be lying about, due to the fact it could really get you and a buddy in trouble.

AZ Desert Diver:
I am always very honest when someone asks me my experience level and when I'm booking dives as to. That is one thing no one shouldn't be lying about, due to the fact it could really get you and a buddy in trouble.

I'm saying that you SHOULD mention it in advance, don't let them ASK you. Rather than show up and find out that they're going to make you take a guide. Believe me... I've seen it happen to people.

Better safe than sorry.

You are right; I do that as well. Thanks for words of wisdom, every little bit helps.

Adam, we're leaving KL on the 22nd, but we'll be in cave country after that for about a week and a half. We'll be at Ginnie/Devil's a few days. My sister will be with us a couple of days, so no cave diving those days. If you see a big silver van with Arizona plates, come over and say hi and join us for a few dives.

Hi Adam,

There isnt normally a problem with scheduling a wreck dive as long as we have enough advanced divers to run the trip. We just don't guarantee sites far in advance as we cant check the certification levels of the other divers to see if a wreck trip is feasible.

However I do have other requests for a wreck trip between 23 -25th, so it is looking likely. If not, we will do our best to get you on the Spiegel and / or Duane with one of our partners at our great rates.

Very cool Chris, I hope that everything works out and it sounds like it will. :D

Oh, by the way I have to make a change, it is nothing big but I will contact you directly about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom