Trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
Did ya hang on the grate at the bottom? I did that and was flopping around like a towel inna strong breeze.. it nearly pulled my swimsuit off!

I know there was flow out of there but I don't recall it being that strong. It very well could have been but I was in sensory overload. I do remember a spot on Rainbow that was like that but ya only had rocks to hold on to. I remember a lot more about the other dives because I was getting more comfortable and actually took my eyes off of the opening. :wink:

Joe

AevnsGrandpa:
Hi Sideband,

Let me know when you are thinking for Haigh or Chillicothe and I'll see. I monitor GLWC forum so I'll see whatever you put up.

Tentatively will be hitting Haigh with a friend the first or send weekend of May.

I want to do the dry suit thing too, but way too much $$. I'm planning on going to the DUI Dog days at Pearl on June 11-12, but gotta talk the wife into it!!

Jeff

I might go if there isn't a class at Haigh that weekend. I'd like to try a suit but I think the DUI suits are a bit out of my price range. My LDS had some good deals on dry suits last year. Hopefully they can get me a good deal this year.
I pretty much live at Haigh on weekends. About the only reason I wouldn't be there is because they need help in the pool. May sounds a bit early for me. brrrrr. I may give it a try though if the weather is nice. Between the air and the water I like at least one of them to be warm. I'll try my hand at coordinating something. I want to get some practice and experience doing it anyway.

Joe

Sideband:
I know there was flow out of there but I don't recall it being that strong. It very well could have been but I was in sensory overload. I do remember a spot on Rainbow that was like that but ya only had rocks to hold on to. I remember a lot more about the other dives because I was getting more comfortable and actually took my eyes off of the opening. :wink:

Joe

Tell ya what.. I quite enjoyed a night dive in Ginnie more than diving during the day. I went down to about 45' and sat on a rock under the overhang where the rope goes by and turned off my light.. others had theirs on and were all around so it wasn't that big a deal. OH.. I dont remember reading, but I didnt see if you drifting in the santa fe.. that was more fun than diving in the rocky barren hole. :)

CBulla:
OH.. I dont remember reading, but I didnt see if you drifting in the santa fe.. that was more fun than diving in the rocky barren hole. :)
We drifted Rainbow. It was my first drift dive and I loved it. I'd do another drift dive any time.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom