• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Trip Report: Turks & Caicos Explorer II, June-July 2019

Discussion in 'Greater Caribbean and Bermuda' started by Ironborn, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Aviyes

Aviyes Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Very sporadic. Sometimes you can get it from the top deck, but you are often having to hunt for signal. I would get enough to load some webpages/check email/shoot out a text. Other times I would get nothing. It would get better towards the end of the week, as you slowly moved closer to cell towers.

dflaher likes this.
  2. JoeFriday

JoeFriday Photographer

There is reliable cell coverage at Northwest point dive sites. At West Caicos and french caye you can expect no cell service.

dflaher likes this.
  3. BigJimDiver

BigJimDiver Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Regarding your question on Saba: I did CEII With my son in April 2012 (so things may have changed). While I love liveaboards, loved our trip overall on CEII, and agree that EV is more customer-friendly than Aggressor (have done 2 EV and 4 aggressor trips) I wasn't a huge fan of St. Kitts diving and would have liked even more time at Saba. The CEII is well maintained but older and has a covered outdoor upper deck where you dine. The "one-way" aspect (we did the St. Kitts-St. Maarten direction) required our taking a one way flight on Liat from St. Maarten to St. Kitts, had a very long connection time in St. Maarten and Liat has all kinds of weight limits on baggage and carry on, limiting you to 1 carry on of 15 lbs. and only guaranteeing 1 piece of checked luggage will make the trip (additional bags fly "stand by" which motivated me to arrive a day prior to our departure and I was sweating it out until we got all our bags in St. Kitts). The dive sites at Saba were fantastic, those we did seemed fairly close to the dock, and the island is quite interesting in topography, architecture, and history. I have been thinking about going back and doing a land-based trip there someday.

dflaher likes this.
  4. DeputyDan

DeputyDan Great White

The OP indicated that one of the guests had an DCS issue and the EV staff took excellent care of the guest.

When we went on the CEII (several years ago) a guest came down with a life threatening health issue (related to a prior surgery - their doctor had cleared them to resume diving) and the crew went above and beyond in helping the guest get to a hospital - and a crew person stayed with them the entire time (even after they had been admitted).

So I can second that EV takes this type of issue very seriously.

5. Streydog

Streydog Manta Ray

Do you recall what PSI the 100's were filled to? Also did the tanks fit in the same holders as the 80's?