Trip report, Blue XT Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcpowell

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After a 31 year hiatus I returned to Cozumel (this time with my family instead of college roommate). We arrived in Cozumel 7-24 and departed 7-31, staying in a great 3 bedroom, 4 bath El Cantil condo recommended by Christi (Owner of Blue XT Sea). It was a great fit for our requirements. The condo was beautiful by any standard and is very convenient to downtown. I could have easily tossed a tennis ball, underhanded, into the ocean from our balcony. While close to town, the complex was very secure and my wife and two daughters were always comfortable while my son and I were diving. We rented a convertible bug from Rentadora so we could visit the East side whenever we wanted (this was a blast!), but we were an easy walk to more restaurants than we could sample in 7 days.

My son and I dove 5 days with Blue XT Sea. Each morning they picked us up promptly at 8:00 at the complex pier. Throughout the week we dove on both the Shamu and Bandida 2, and I think we met most, if not all of the crew. Please believe me when I say they were all excellent! Both captains and dive masters were quick to assist with anything we may need. We took our gear to the boat on the first day, and never handled it again until the last. Each morning our gear was ready and waiting on the boat when we arrived. As a dad, I’m typically the one who ends up lugging gear around, but not this last week! That was the life!

Pedro, Martin, Arturo, and Adrian all were great divemasters! Each took the time to show us many creatures which I would have missed. They were great examples of effortless diving while staying off the reefs. My son and I dove air for our first dives and nitrox on our second. Prior to every nitrox dive, the divemaster made it a point to test our nitrox to verify the O2 percentage. This diligence did not go unnoticed. We had cold bottled water before and after all dives. As my daughters are always telling me “you gotta stay hydrated”! Each day we had nice, 1 hour surface intervals at Palancar beach. Snacks during S.I.’s were usually a few different types of sliced fruit + a little cake or something sweet.

Both Edwin and Nivo were right above us when we ascended. How the heck can they keep track of their divers when it’s pouring down rain (it only rained once, but boy did it rain that time!), or other divers cross our paths underwater? I know it’s their job, but I’m still impressed.

My only regret was I wish I had booked a 10+ day trip instead of 7. Even though we flew directly in to Cozumel airport, the travel days pretty much kill off an entire day. We’re already thinking about our next trip and diving with our new friends at Blue XT Sea.

I know we paid a little more for Blue XT Sea’s “boutique” service, but in my mind it’s a no brainer. By the end of the week we had made new friends with the crew, we got to know our dive buddies on the boat, and never had more than 6 divers (+ crew) in our group. And, poor ole dad’s back never had to strain to carry gear!

Thanks so much Mark! It was great to have you and Buddy and on behalf of the entire team, we're honored to welcome you guys to the Blue XT~Sea family!! We will see you again soon!

Glad you had a great time, I am a lifelong BXTSEA fan as well - as every single time I have used them, the experience has been just as good as yours. They never disappoint!

Love her crews, really going to miss not being able to dive this next week!!!!!!!!! :(

I've only dove with them on one trip so far but they also have the ability to avert possible disasters, such as when my wetsuit zipper broke and was as good-as-new before the SI ended! Their emergency repair was so good I dove with it perhaps another 20 times before replacing the zipper.

Great trip report and thank you for your contribution... More support and validation for one of the great dive ops that resides in the official or unofficial "Top 10". You do need to remedy your only regret with your next trip and STAY LONGER!

I think you said it all Mark.
I am just back from my first diving trip (and it was with But XT Sea) and I couldn't be happier with the crew, the spirit, the service and the overall feeling after my last dive. I learned so much with Arturo, Pedro and Miguel !
Besides the easiness of it, safety and professionalism is always there. You feel they know what they are doing.

I am already planning my next trip to Cozumel in January and it for sure be with @Christi and Blue XT Sea's team.

Merci :)

DBBerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom