Trip Report- Blue XT Sea, First time Cozumel- Amazing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry this is so long- Probably so much more I could say- Hope I covered it all!
No, not too long. This is what people are looking for when they read a trip report (well, good people, anyway). I see a lot of trip reports that amount to nothing more than "I went to Cozumel and went diving. It was the best week ever!!!!!" It's always great to get the full rundown of where you stayed, what you did (especially other than diving), where you ate, who you dove with, what was great, what could have been better, thoughts about next time, etc.

My wife, @Skittl1321, who commented a few times on your earlier thread, was also a very, very nervous diver on our first trip. She was so nervous she almost ran off the dock while we were waiting for the boat the first day and, once we were on board, Alison had to stop her briefing midway through to ask if she was ok. Once we got going, though, all that anxiety melted away and she fell in love with Cozumel and we went back for another week the next year.

I'm really impressed that you both managed to get such long bottom times, especially at your experience levels and those depths. Does Blue XTSea use bigger than AL80 tanks? It usually takes me a day or two to get to an hour dive.

Great report! BlueXTsea is high on my list to try if Alison and 3P aren't available next trip.

(And I agree- not too long at all.)

Blue XT Sea is one of the ops I use because Pedro & Christi are friends plus offer first class service. Their AL 80's are just that but they do offer AL 100's too.

No, not too long. This is what people are looking for when they read a trip report (well, good people, anyway). I see a lot of trip reports that amount to nothing more than "I went to Cozumel and went diving. It was the best week ever!!!!!" It's always great to get the full rundown of where you stayed, what you did (especially other than diving), where you ate, who you dove with, what was great, what could have been better, thoughts about next time, etc.

My wife, @Skittl1321, who commented a few times on your earlier thread, was also a very, very nervous diver on our first trip. She was so nervous she almost ran off the dock while we were waiting for the boat the first day and, once we were on board, Alison had to stop her briefing midway through to ask if she was ok. Once we got going, though, all that anxiety melted away and she fell in love with Cozumel and we went back for another week the next year.

I'm really impressed that you both managed to get such long bottom times, especially at your experience levels and those depths. Does Blue XTSea use bigger than AL80 tanks? It usually takes me a day or two to get to an hour dive.

We use AL 80's and have AL 100's upon request for a small additional fee. Asrael and her husband were using AL 80's.

I think I am just a really good breather- In Hawaii at little lower depths I would average about 75- 85 minutes.. I was going up most dives with about 1100/1200 in the tank- I didn't feel rushed or pressured to go up.. I was ready- :) I was really impressed at my husbands times.. he is really tall and has big lungs and did great!! I would say after this trip (and we will see next time- i may forget :)) ) but I don't feel nervous at all about diving.. it really helped with my confidence!

I enjoyed reading your report. My son and I will be diving with Blue XT later this summer and we are really looking forward to it.

You will have a great time! They were wonderful in every way :)

Very nice report & not to long by any means. You picked a great dive op & got a great first drift experience. Having dove Kauai many years ago the two locations are VERY different & Coz will lure you back because there's lots more to see & experience.

We loved diving on the big island.. never done Kauai.. but... yes.. I don't think it will ever be the same.. And Coz will definitely lure us back I know it will :) We go to Hawaii most every year to visit family... but will be keeping our eyes open for good flights to Cozumel and just come and dive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic trip report! I remember your initial post here a when you were looking and concerned about how much weight to use. Go heavier than you think you need in the beginning and then shed as you see fit as the trip progresses. 60-65 minutes on AL80 tanks for new divers? Heck, you both may as well have gills compared to most new divers!

Yeah, this is how it tends to work... Dive Coz for a day or as a side trip on an extended tour of the region and you're hooked thinking about a future dedicated dive vacation to Coz. I was in the same boat 15 years ago and have been going back ever since. Welcome to the Coz addiction.

Back
Top Bottom