Trip Report -- Aug 2-7 -- Caribe Blu/Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DallasNewbie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We just got back, and as expected we had a great time. I don't have a lot to add to all the other great trip reports here, but for the record I did want to say we had a great time once again diving with Blue Angel. We had a different divemaster each of four days, but they were all excelent. There was one incident with a couple of divers who thought it was fun to "ride" a turtle, but the divemaster handled it diplomatically (far more diplomatically than I would have) and they behaved themselves subsequently.

We flew into Cancun this time, and did the bus/ferry thing. It wasn't bad, although it would take too big a chunk out of a short trip IMO. The worst part was dragging the luggage past all the taxis at the Cancun airport to get to the bus.

We used Christi's restaurant list extensively, and found her recomendations to be spot on. We went to Casa Denis and Rock'n Java for low key, and Acquario for our last night, surf and turf splurge. Lunch each day was at the little grill above the Blue Angel dive shop.

The diving was great. I had gotten my hopes up that there would be few signs of hurricane damage on the reefs, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. On every dive we saw piles of broken coral and large sand covered areas. If it's bothering the coral, the fish don't seem to mind. In addition to the millions of other reef fish we saw, two rays (one with no tail), a bunch of turtles, a reef shark, huge grouper, scorpionfish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom