Trip Report: Anacapa/Santa Cruz Island - Nov 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but you do realize that for two weeks in Mexico, we're going to rib Nick about being a super cool tech diver, right?

Oopps I hope I didn't get him in trouble :D! But he deserves the title - for being so friendly and inviting me down to join the fun & meet all these awesome divers!

You're doing a fantastic thing by getting out and getting all this varied experience, Kathy.

I've now met DIR divers in No Cal/So Cal and the Philippines (soon am heading to So Fla and trying to make some connections there) - so far, everyone I've met has been incredibly friendly, helpful and often quite funny.

In all my travels, I keep wondering where the stoic, militant, judgmental, dreaded DIR types are hiding? I've probably met 50+ GUE/UTD divers now but I've yet to encounter the scary stereotypical DIR image created by some internet people.

But I'll keep looking, perhaps all over the globe :D & will let everyone know if I find out where they are hiding :D! I suspect they might have a strong hold up in the great lakes !

I hope we get to meet and dive together in CA one of these days!

Thanks Lynne! One of these days I'd love to meet you too ;-). Maybe after a bit more polish, I'll make my way up there to say hi to you and Bob :).

Anyway, it's been too long since I've visited my little niece/nephew in Seattle.

Last edited:
Great report Kathy! Sounds like a great trip and I'm glad you were able to get in some diving this weekend.

I went to the coast Sat, but only to take pics of the big waves. They were huge on the North Coast!

IMG_6739_copy.jpg

IMG_6704_copy.jpg

Thanks Michelle,

Yikes! Those waves are scary!

I really hope nobody tried to dive last weekend!

Next time huge swell rolls in, we should call down south to see if there is space and do the 30 hr return carpool ;-).

(still not sure who Lobstah is?)

Oh lobstah would be me :D.

It was a pleasure to meet you. Now make that december trip happen :).

Great report Kathy! Sounds like a great trip and I'm glad you were able to get in some diving this weekend.

I went to the coast Sat, but only to take pics of the big waves. They were huge on the North Coast!

IMG_6739_copy.jpg

IMG_6704_copy.jpg

Dudette, that looks, like, TOTALLY divable!!

Next time huge swell rolls in, we should call down south to see if there is space and do the 30 hr return carpool ;-).

Yeah, that would be great. I really wanted to do the New Years Vision trip again this year, but I don't know if I can now. I'm going to Santa Barbara for T-day and my kids have agreed to dive with me, so I might try to take them out on the Peace. I'm so excited to get them into the water here in Calif! :) They both got certified when I did but they decided that cold water diving wasn't for them. :shakehead:

Dudette, that looks, like, TOTALLY divable!!

Yeah, does it remind you of some of the stuff you dive in south of Carmel? :wink:

Amazing... I had no idea DIR divers ever paid any attention to the marine life in the water. I thought you techies just spent time practicing valve drills and stuff like that (said only slightly tongue-in-cheek).

Great report Kathy, thanks for posting it.
We had great vis on Catalina but the current felt like an underwater Santa Ana :wink:

There's no beaches South of Lobos. Just time the big swells and jump off the cliff!

And then time the swells, so they fling you back up on the cliff? :shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom