Trimix in Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any chance all the Trimix suppliers in Austin could post their prices? Anybody charge by the cubic foot used rather than by the tank?
Maybe it could be a Swamp divers sticky ?

I've got it set up to charge HE & O2 by the foot. The reason I need advance notice is to make sure I have pleanty on hand when you need a fill. The price of HE is high and I only have limited space to store bottles. One of the customers that is helping set this up is a high volume user. If they are planning a big fill I want to be able to have enough for others that may be planning to get a fill.

I'm glad we were able to get back to doing trimix fills at the shop. the former owner offered it for awhile, but demand slacked off. Hopefully, we'll be able to meet the trimix needs of the area going forward. It will take a couple of weeks to get the pump hooked up. If you need a fill, call in advance, so I can make sure I've got enough gas on hand. Especially true for weekends. I need to call the supplier by 3:00 on Thursday, for a Friday delivery.

How are you charging for the fills? cubic foot, flat fill etc ?

Maybe Scubaboard could replace oily bikini girl with a continually updated stock ticker type line with He prices ?

Please keep the oily bikini girl, when work is stringing me out and i need a scuba break its like a twofer when I show up here and that ad is on.

Well, it didn't take long for the local shops to pick up the slack on our trimix shortage here in Austin. Thanks to Mack at Oakhill Scuba I was able to get my doubles filled with 21/25 and my stage bottles filled with EAN32 and EAN77 so I could finish my trimix certification this weekend and we were able to pull that off without a Haskel.

The even better news is that Mack is working on getting a Haskel so we can get higher He and O2 fills.

Thanks Mack!!!!!

What made you decide on your gas selection? What kind of profile was this gas for?

What made you decide on your gas selection? What kind of profile was this gas for?

We planned for 170' for 20 minutes. I've done pretty close to that on air before (gasp!). I'm not an easy narc usually...at least not in a paranoid, lack of mental focus, or listen to the bubbles singing kind of way. :wink: We were shooting for 21/25, but I ended up with a little extra helium, thus the 21/27. So, the END was well within my tolerance range and the PPO2 is clearly within acceptable levels.

The EAN 33 was the first deco gas. It was a little rich (supposed to be 32).

The EAN 77 was supposed to be EAN 80, but the shop didn't have a Haskel, so that's the best they could do given the remaining pressure in their O2 tank. We could have gone with 100% O2, if they would have had a booster of some kind, but it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference on this profile regarding deco time given that we could do our gas switch a little sooner.

Suggestions? I'm all ear...or eyes as the case may be. :wink:

I'm not a DIR diver, I asked a simple question.

I do not hang out in the DIR forums.

None of my buddies are DIR.

Too much time hanging out in the DIR practitioners forum maybe ?

Easy there fellas...nothing wrong with DIR divers...as long as they're not part of the group that acts like holier than thou @55h0les anytime a non-DIR suggestion comes up. I know, I know...the reasonable ones are a rare breed...but they are out there.:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom