Trimix in Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, it didn't take long for the local shops to pick up the slack on our trimix shortage here in Austin. Thanks to Mack at Oakhill Scuba I was able to get my doubles filled with 21/25 and my stage bottles filled with EAN32 and EAN77 so I could finish my trimix certification this weekend and we were able to pull that off without a Haskel.

The even better news is that Mack is working on getting a Haskel so we can get higher He and O2 fills.

Thanks Mack!!!!!

Awesome!!!!

So how was your diving??

Awesome!!!!

So how was your diving??

Great! I'm always happy to jump in the water with my gear on!! :D Vis wasn't so good, but it was all about doing the skills necessary to get my last trimix qualifying dives under my belt. I didn't have to see much to do that! In fact, my first gas switch was in zero viz with no hiccups. I feel good about the class. My instructor, Matt Booth, rocks!

Great! I'm always happy to jump in the water with my gear on!! :D Vis wasn't so good, but it was all about doing the skills necessary to get my last trimix qualifying dives under my belt. I didn't have to see much to do that! In fact, my first gas switch was in zero viz with no hiccups. I feel good about the class. My instructor, Matt Booth, rocks!

Congrats on finishing up your trimix program!!

Jac, what are you doing in Ohio? Don't they have radio stations in Austin anymore?

I'm glad we were able to get back to doing trimix fills at the shop. the former owner offered it for awhile, but demand slacked off. Hopefully, we'll be able to meet the trimix needs of the area going forward. It will take a couple of weeks to get the pump hooked up. If you need a fill, call in advance, so I can make sure I've got enough gas on hand. Especially true for weekends. I need to call the supplier by 3:00 on Thursday, for a Friday delivery.

Congrats on finishing up your trimix program!!

Thanks, Alan! I'm looking forward to utilizing that certification as often as possible. :D

Dive World on 620 now has Helium as well. They have 2 certified Trimix Blenders. They will be doing fills overnight or by appointment as the blenders have day jobs. They should be able to fill by early next week. They don't have a booster yet, but that is coming in the next week or 2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom