Trimix Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The complaint I have heard about the Dive Rite Nitek He is that the deco stops are way too long and overly conservative, and whereas the table may require a 10 minute stop, the He give you 45 minutes (for example). I have no experience with it, but imagine that this has become a common issue with Dive Rite, given that they have put a link on their website to address the "overly conservative" complaints. They respond by stating that the tables assume a certain ascent rate, and that many divers actually ascend too slowly, thereby continuing to on-gas, and requiring additional deco time.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has dived trimix with the Nitek He and tables side-by-side, and what your impression was. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about being conservative, but at the same time I don't want to do an hour of deco when I only need 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom