Trident Fin Keepers/Grippers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've read on the board where some of you use the "fin keepers" on your drysuit boots if they are a little loose/big. I've read that they keep your boot snug to your foot. Now I'm interested because it seems like the cheapest solution to my problem. My drysuit legs are about 2 inches too long. And at around $6.00USD it seems to be the least expensive way to correct the feeling of the boot slipping off of my heal.

My question is this, I have never seen a picture of someone using them with a drysuit. I searched but all the posts were old and the attachments were removed. Could someone please post a picture. Also I notice they come in 2 sizes, Med. and Large. Which shold I get. (size 11 rubber drysuit boot).

Thanks,

I am unsure if they will work as desired on a robust boot that will resist "compression".
I've had more success with a strip of velcro backed nylon webbing that I can wrap around my ankle.

Green_Manelishi:
I am unsure if they will work as desired on a robust boot that will resist "compression".
I've had more success with a strip of velcro backed nylon webbing that I can wrap around my ankle.

I orderd a Large. My boot is a "flimsy" vulconized rubber type. I'll see. Funny you mentioned this because I found 2 strips of this in my closet. They are the 1 inch type made by Trident used to hold knives, watches, etc. around your leg or arm. I'll try that too.

Thanks,

Certainly Large. They do work well. If you continue to have issues, you might pick up a pair of Dive Rite Gaiters. They'll clamp the material down over your calves.

JKSteger

I had the same problem and the "Trudent Triangles" do help a lot. I have a strurdy boot that has enough room for a nice warm pair of socks. Cozy feet are never a problem but on my first dives compression did make for a sloppy fit especially in the heel area. I continue to use the trangles. I have mediums on a boot that fits over size 10 feet as described. They want to go on with some tension to be effective. Being up a shoe size Large makes sense for you.

One the bands one is across the top of the foot, one across the bottom and the last band is around the back of your heel. It's like putting on a pair of string galoshes. I should be diving in a few hours and I'll bring my camera.

Pete

runamonk:
Certainly Large. They do work well. If you continue to have issues, you might pick up a pair of Dive Rite Gaiters. They'll clamp the material down over your calves.

Got the gaitors. Love 'em. My heal still fills like its about to pop out of the boot though as there is some room in the boot too.

The fin keepers will certainly help. I don't have boots on my suit anymore or I would still be using them. My shoes were way way to big so I had to use fin keeprs to keep the boots on my feet hehe.

Deleted

TridentTriangles.jpg

Back
Top Bottom