Tribute to my best friend...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catra8104

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
This is about my fid (furred or feathered kid) Omar... He crossed over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday while laying on my lap... At 16 years he was loosing his dignity and he let me know it was time to say goodbye... He's been with me so long and seen me through so much it is impossible to describe the loss...

Being a Veterinarian it was hard knowing I couldn't fix him.. Couldn't make his quality of life any better.. The only thing I could do for him was to help him find his way over the bridge to a lovely place (my belief)... I was the one to perform this final act of kindness for him... It's the best (no more owies) and the worst (for the loss) part of my job.. I'm glad I was able to help him, but I miss him so... At the end, my 76 pound boy only needed a 25 pound dose... It was definately time... This is my main comfort.. It wasn't too soon... He was right...

For those who don't know about the Rainbow Bridge here it is...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I will always love you Omar...

100_1328.jpg

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss. I lost my rottie cross a couple of months ago and I still try to be carefull not to step on her when I get out of bed. She slept there for 14 years I guess I'll get over it some day.

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle; easily and often breached. Yet, still we would live no other way." - Irving Townsend

oh geez... :hugs:

your post brought back memories of having to take care of my mums pug about 10yrs ago so she was no longer in any pain........

take care and i hope youll find some peace in knowing that for Omar the suffering is over

My condolences, Catra8104. Pets can become such an important part of our lives, a source of joy and companionship, and their passing is a profoundly sad thing. May Omar’s memory live on in those who loved him. He looks like he was a beautiful dog.

I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your companion:depressed:. They really do hold a very special place in our hearts. I know that it was the hardest decision I have ever had to make when I had to put my 4yr old lab down this spring. I can also say that you, being a veterinarian, you know when it is time to let go. I was a Veterinary Technician for several years, so I know almost exactly where you are coming from. Please accept my deepest condolences.

May your memories of your buddy last forever.

Safe diving,

Kenny

The rainbow bridge is a beautiful thing.

Thanx for the reminder, I have a few waiting for me there.

And very, very sorry for your loss. Thats a great pic. He was a beautiful dog.

What grace I find in your words, Omar had a great friend in you too. Only time heals the grief of losing a dear friend, just remember you are not alone and that many are thinking of you in this time of sorrow.

Dear catra What a beautiful tirbute to your best friend Omar and how difficult it must have been for you but you did the only thing to do when you helped Omar to cross that bridge, He is now able once again to run and play, maybe he will play with one of my best friends untill sees you again. I know how sad you must feel. Please accept my condolences.

My heart goes out to you - I know what you are going through.
Deepest condolences for the loss of your good friend Omar.
Wishing you peace,
Terri

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom