Tri-Mix Agencies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So why does TDI offer the Helitrox course which limits you to a min of 21 O2 and a max of 20 He? Based on what I have seen here 20% of helium in your mix has no apparent advantage.

fear of helium.

NAUI also uses 30/17 and uses tables that appear to needlessly punish for helium (at least zhl16b gives you a lot more NDL time and less deco than their tables).

fear of helium.

NAUI also uses 30/17 and uses tables that appear to needlessly punish for helium (at least zhl16b gives you a lot more NDL time and less deco than their tables).

Most of the people I dive with including myself use Vplanner, but are you saying that there is a advantage to 21/20 at say 130ft to 140ft? As Vplanner gives an END of 97ft@130ft and 105ft@140ft for me that's pretty significant.

Most of the people I dive with including myself use Vplanner, but are you saying that there is a advantage to 21/20 at say 130ft to 140ft? As Vplanner gives an END of 97ft@130ft and 105ft@140ft for me that's pretty significant.

No, I'd use 30/30 or 25/30 or 21/35 and wouldn't bother with helium less than 30%.

So what do you think is there any point in the Helitrox course TDI has come out with?

Asking someone from GUE what they think of a TDI class is like asking a Republican what they think of Obama's domestic policy.

Why not pose the question to someone from TDI? Steve Lewis (Doppler) perhaps?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Asking someone from GUE what they think of a TDI class is like asking a Republican what they think of Obama's domestic policy.

Or asking a Rachel Maddow to justify why tax cuts are the solution to every economic problem...

Helium like Obama is a tool, sorry it was to easy! lol
If you are using v planner just run some helium profiles and decide for yourself. It all boils down to END for a given dive. I would not feel the way I do if I were on a sightseeing dive, but given a specific task to complete on the dive that has a lot of variables, keeping the END as low as realisticly possible works for me. I am comfortable with 20-25% helium up to 150fsw.
Eric

NAUI's Helitrox training gas is 26/17

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom