Treasure Hunt July 29th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadawg

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else paln on going down to Norfork for this? I have been to every one for the past three years and is usually a really good time.

www. jordanmarina.com

Mike from Aqua F/X in Springfield has it on his calendar, so he will most likely go. I may request the time off just for that event and go with him. Just not sure yet.

diverdown247:
Mike from Aqua F/X in Springfield has it on his calendar, so he will most likely go. I may request the time off just for that event and go with him. Just not sure yet.

Yea, Mike is a good friend of mine, Last time I checked his calendar had him going to Beaver on the 29th, Not sure if he knows that the Hunt has been pushed forward to July 29th instead of August 19th

The dive is to benefit the Jake West education memorial fund.

Cost is between $25 and $30 paid day of.

Registration and Brief at 900am, dive from 10-1pm, break for lunch, then give-aways after.

You can preregister.

Bump, Just a reminder for anyone else that might be going

Just to let those who could not make it know what they missed. The treasure hunt was quite fun. I would have liked to see the staff at Jordan Marina inform everyone that if they come across trash to please pick it up and turn it in for bonus prizes, but they didn't until after the dive was over. BTW, Jordan Marina staff did apologize for the sudden change of dates for the event...it limited the turn out to nearly 1/3 of the normal turn out. All but 10 prize coupons were located, those that weren't located were auctioned off to the highest bidder.

I had the privy of meeting the Mid-County water rescue folks from Lake of the Ozarks. They are a great group of folks and had several new divers completing their certs this past weekend. Rumor has it that they had a wonderful dive day on Sunday and even had a chance to see the dynamite shack (lucky dogs). It was nice to see newbies so excited about an open water dive, even if it was in the low-vis lake water.

Here's a little more info on the treasure hunt: there is a local family who lost their son in a vehicular crash last year. He spent a lot of time at Norfork lake with his family. Since Arkansas State is just a short drive away, they felt compelled to start a scholarship benefit for ASU in their son's name. All of the funds raised from the treasure hunt go to this benefit as well as other funds raised througout the year. All prizes for the event were donations from Marina vendors as well as vendors from the surrounding community.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom