Travis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was at Windy Point this weekend. Lake level continues to drop; platform 3 is right at 15 feet, platform 4 is at 44 feet. First thermocline was around 50 feet or so. Visibility was average.

lake level dropping isn't all bad, less deco :)

Just as long as it doesn't get like it did the other year where you could park on the lake bed in places.

No, not that bad... yet. But the Sometimes Island over by Mansfield has become an archipelago again.

Come on, Tropical Storm Edouard!

dove mansfield sunday afternoon, vis ranged anywhere from 1ft (around shore) to 10'+/- on the sailboats.

p.s. perch like moles on your forehead

lake level dropping isn't all bad, less deco :)

Just as long as it doesn't get like it did the other year where you could park on the lake bed in places.

But it does make for a long climb back up the stairs. :wink:

Mike

dove mansfield sunday afternoon, vis ranged anywhere from 1ft (around shore) to 10'+/- on the sailboats.

p.s. perch like moles on your forehead

Which group were you with? RumBum, me, Lisa Marie, and her daughter were at Mansfield Sunday afternoon.

I think the perch like any mole they can get a hold of...

The last two weeks I've been diving the north side of Mansfield Park and have roughly found the thermoclines around 50' & 70' with a vis gap in between 10-15'. Last week, vis below 100' was 1-3', 68f.

Which group were you with? RumBum, me, Lisa Marie, and her daughter were at Mansfield Sunday afternoon.

I think the perch like any mole they can get a hold of...

we were the two Dorks left of the stairs (if you're facing the water). i've got short blonde hair, GF has medium curly blonde hair. All of our gear is black/fins/bags. We noticed the group of girls between us and the large rockpile. We were right in front of where a group lost a fin and eventually found it in the 3" vis. I was testing out my new cam housing.

i know you guys (rum and lisa) post a lot and dive a lot, so i was getting jealous! i need to catch up on some more diving!

i know you guys (rum and lisa) post a lot and dive a lot, so i was getting jealous! i need to catch up on some more diving!

Yes I post alot only because I have a boring desk job that I would rather not be doing.
We dropped in on the 2 wrecks on the far east side of the dive area. Was that wreck called the USS FILLMUR? Anyway and then we dropped to 55 and followed the wall. Viz was pretty good, probably 10-15 with adequate ambient light. At shallower depths the viz varied alot but overall it's pretty good for LT. The water is quite warm now; 90 at surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom