Travis Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ianr33

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Did my first dive of the New Year today at Windy Point public. Viz on the surface was reasonable at maybe 5 feet but got steadily worse deeper,around 1-2 feet on the bottom which was at 127. Temperature was a constant 58.

Strangely we were the only divers out there :D

ianr33:
Did my first dive of the New Year today at Windy Point public. Viz on the surface was reasonable at maybe 5 feet but got steadily worse deeper,around 1-2 feet on the bottom which was at 127. Temperature was a constant 58.

Strangely we were the only divers out there :D

The water is still 'warmish' at 58f.....vis does sound not so great for those needing better.....depth though sounds a bit better than some earlier reports......nice to get the first new years dive in though. :wink:

58 F :11: Man. you folks down in Austin really have the life don't you !

We had 47 F water / 30+ mph wind / white caps / 2 foot shore waves.
But we did have the lake completely to ourselves in Oklahoma today at the rocky shores of Lake Murray !

Cold ??? mmmmmm yea a little :crafty:
I was the same color as the snake ianr33 uses as an avitar after two dives today:D

I must have been blue on monday when we dived there so Green is an improvement

( I gots ta get a drysuit in the next decade)

It didn't feel warm. I could have sworn I saw a fish looking at us like we were stupid for being down there.

I sure am glad the cave line was down there though.....

L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom