Travis - best shore dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK..... so at the present time with the lake some 25ft. down, what is the best spot for a few shore entry dives.....Windy Point,,Mansfield Dam/Park,,other...? :wink:

If it's got to be a shore dive I would suggest going out on the opposite side of the swim area from Mansfield point...or off of Windy Point from the public side. The vis is usually better than "the usual" dive areas and there are interesting things to see in both places.
OK..... so at the present time with the lake some 25ft. down, what is the best spot for a few shore entry dives.....Windy Point,,Mansfield Dam/Park,,other...? :wink:

Why limit yourself to the shore :D......Take a dive from Giant Stride and explore some sites not available from the shore such as Wreck Alley or one of the walls.....Round up three or more divers and we can put you on some of these sites.

Robert
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

Why limit yourself to the shore :D......Take a dive from Giant Stride and explore some sites not available from the shore such as Wreck Alley or one of the walls.....Round up three or more divers and we can put you on some of these sites.

Robert
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

I have been on your op, and it is nice.....but this is a fast 'day' trip were I need the shear exercise shore diving affords......course those marina steps are not bad for a work out either! :D I def. want to catch a winter run with you in early 09'!

Last edited:
If its exercise your after, Mansfield is the place for you. Lug your gear down the steps. When you get to the bottom, turn around and go back up to get the fins you forgot. 3/4 of the way up, thunk your forehead for not thinking to leave your gear at the bottom. Grab fins and return to the shore. Enjoy a restful dive, so you have the energy needed to climb the stairs one more time.

If you're trying NOT to exercize, you can drive right up to the water at Wentz now.

I did 2 dives today at the Mansfield Scuba Park and that area of the river bed edge,,,,,had never really dove that before. It 'was' a workout up and down the steps and across what seemed like a parking lot of lake bottom.....was the only crazy sole there! :eyebrow:

If its exercise your after, Mansfield is the place for you. Lug your gear down the steps. When you get to the bottom, turn around and go back up to get the fins you forgot. 3/4 of the way up, thunk your forehead for not thinking to leave your gear at the bottom. Grab fins and return to the shore. Enjoy a restful dive, so you have the energy needed to climb the stairs one more time.

To much tryptophan or just getting old Mack:bored2::bonk::cross::confused4:?

I did 2 dives today at the Mansfield Scuba Park and that area of the river bed edge,,,,,had never really dove that before. It 'was' a workout up and down the steps and across what seemed like a parking lot of lake bottom.....was the only crazy sole there! :eyebrow:

Allen,

I passed on the work out this week diving the same spot Thursday. I will share my new dive strategy.

I entered at the steps down to the scuba park and then dove North to exit at the boat ramp. Dumped my gear and took the easy (no weight on my back) hike back to my truck.

I then drove my truck down the ramp to my gear and weights and loaded them.

Tim yesterday told me another one for Mansfield Dam. He said that the handicap ramp is working and that he loads his doubles on that and rides it back up to the picnic table area.

A couple new choices next time you are down here. Hope to see you sometime. Have a great holiday.

Shawn O'Shea

That lift has always looked inviting, of course it only gets you halfway down right now. Course the important part is having it for that last half back up :wink:

I've never figured out how to work the lift or turn it on. Is there something "special" that needs to be done?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom