Travelling with Batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jigo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys. bought a G9 housing and battery charger online and it comes with some AA batteries. a friend is bringing it to th Phils from the US later this month.
question:how true is it that there are restrictions in US airports on bringing extra batteries in hand carried and checked in luggage? if so, is there any exception to the rule?

i checked the link. it mentions only lithium batteries. AA rechargeables as NiMH so there is no restriction for eneloops etc?
actually i got the same one as yours. the lacrosse charger with indicators.

Please let us know how that G-9 goes, seems to be the rage these days. I just got to the states from PI, I keep most of my batteries in my checked luggage, but keep my reg, computer and Canon DSLR (with extra batteries) on my carry on. I would keep my AA and AAA in my checked luggage, all it takes is just 'one jerk'.

Good luck on the G-9

Hi guys. bought a G9 housing and battery charger online and it comes with some AA batteries. a friend is bringing it to th Phils from the US later this month.
question:how true is it that there are restrictions in US airports on bringing extra batteries in hand carried and checked in luggage? if so, is there any exception to the rule?

According to the Canon web site the g9 has Rechargeable Lithium Battery NB-2LH just like the g7. I have about 4 batteries now and haven't had any problems traveling. I think their more worried about the large laptop lithium batteries.

Carried on all my rechargeable NiMH batteries, AA's and C's, in my reg bag, to Indo and back last fall. Unless rules have changed, they got plenty of insppections but no problems.

Back
Top Bottom