Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Boarderguy, perhaps you should keep your ludicrous assumptions to yourself.
Since there seems to a complete and utter lack of reading comprehension on this thread, lets recap.

1. @OrcaTorch-Amazon Seller asks for testers of the lights.
2. @tjjohnson36 asks what's the catch.
3. @Boarderguy responds there is no catch.
4. I reply there is a catch, they want you to have a facebook link. I get that there are many people on facebook. I get that many people don't have a problem with facebook. I am not on facebook, and yes I have a major problem with facebook. Therefore, from my admittedly subjective point of view, needing a facebook link is a "CATCH".
4. @Boarderguy responds, having the facebook link is something new, he was never asked for one to be a tester, so again from his subjective point there is no catch. To which I responded with a thumbs up, because hey, his experience was different than mine, and that was good information for @tjjohnson36 .
At this point in the thread I could of moved on to better things, but no, OP had to make insinuations.
5. @grantctobin (who does have a red banner) posts asking why doesn't the OP become a business supporter of scubaboard. A position I can empathize with since, I have a red banner as well.
6. @Eric802 posted his good experience. Good for him, no sarcasm or facetiousness intended.
7. OP posts that only a facebook link is not a requirement, gmail is fine. This in order to contradict my statement that OP wants a facebook link. Basically implying that I lied, so sorry, I am not standing still for that.
8. I post a copy of a direct message from the OP specifically asking for a gmail AND facebook link, documenting the FACT that a facebook link was required.
9. @Boarderguy decides he is an expert on my state of mind.
10. I am upset because in IMHO the OP is a liar, takes advantage of this site, and is clearing lying. I am upset because somehow @Boarderguy thinks he knows anything about me from 3 sentences in a post on scubaboard, and wants to find fault with me, by making a personal attack on my work ethic.

I have a lot of underwater lights. Probably all of them are manufactured in China. One more light does not make a difference. I was somewhat interested to compare the OrcaTorch, because they tend to run at a 20%-40% discount of Kraken, Bigblue, and Sherwood lights I use. I am always suspicious of products that cost less than other comparable products. So yeah if I could get one for free to test that would be great, then in the future when making a purchase, I would know to stick with the more expensive lights, or go with the less expensive substitute.

The work required would be writing a review. I have no problem writing a review, or writing in general. Sure my review (good or bad) would be far more informative than anything offered by ......

@Eric802, LOL, your timing is off, you should have let me post this first. I don't drink coffee anymore, but I am a big fan of Celsius and Aspire.
You got your feels hurt. You forget that these lights are made in China and the OP is translating to English for your benefit. Maybe it was lost in translation. I don't have anyone in my ignore list even with all my back and forth but I may make an exception for you. Stop crying, they corrected the issue, you still cried. I wouldn't give you a few light after the fuss you've made.

Reactions: L13
View attachment 810028

@OrcaTorch-Amazon Seller STOP SPREADING LIES. You asked for a gmail account AND a facebook link.
Semantics matter. They "asked" for a facebook link, they never said it was required. They didn't "lie", they never said ONLY a facebook. Accusations of lying is pretty severe for an ask for contact info they are familiar with using.

@OrcaTorch I'm interested in trying your lights in some wrecks, if there any any demos left ?

@OrcaTorch I'm interested in trying your lights in some wrecks, if there any any demos left ?
Are you interested in test orcatorch new TD01 diving headlamp? :D
I just sent you a message, i will tell more details about testing.

@Boarderguy, perhaps you should keep your ludicrous assumptions to yourself.
Since there seems to a complete and utter lack of reading comprehension on this thread, lets recap.

1. @OrcaTorch-Amazon Seller asks for testers of the lights.
2. @tjjohnson36 asks what's the catch.
3. @Boarderguy responds there is no catch.
4. I reply there is a catch, they want you to have a facebook link. I get that there are many people on facebook. I get that many people don't have a problem with facebook. I am not on facebook, and yes I have a major problem with facebook. Therefore, from my admittedly subjective point of view, needing a facebook link is a "CATCH".
4. @Boarderguy responds, having the facebook link is something new, he was never asked for one to be a tester, so again from his subjective point there is no catch. To which I responded with a thumbs up, because hey, his experience was different than mine, and that was good information for @tjjohnson36 .
At this point in the thread I could of moved on to better things, but no, OP had to make insinuations.
5. @grantctobin (who does have a red banner) posts asking why doesn't the OP become a business supporter of scubaboard. A position I can empathize with since, I have a red banner as well.
6. @Eric802 posted his good experience. Good for him, no sarcasm or facetiousness intended.
7. OP posts that only a facebook link is not a requirement, gmail is fine. This in order to contradict my statement that OP wants a facebook link. Basically implying that I lied, so sorry, I am not standing still for that.
8. I post a copy of a direct message from the OP specifically asking for a gmail AND facebook link, documenting the FACT that a facebook link was required.
9. @Boarderguy decides he is an expert on my state of mind.
10. I am upset because in IMHO the OP is a liar, takes advantage of this site, and is clearing lying. I am upset because somehow @Boarderguy thinks he knows anything about me from 3 sentences in a post on scubaboard, and wants to find fault with me, by making a personal attack on my work ethic.

I have a lot of underwater lights. Probably all of them are manufactured in China. One more light does not make a difference. I was somewhat interested to compare the OrcaTorch, because they tend to run at a 20%-40% discount of Kraken, Bigblue, and Sherwood lights I use. I am always suspicious of products that cost less than other comparable products. So yeah if I could get one for free to test that would be great, then in the future when making a purchase, I would know to stick with the more expensive lights, or go with the less expensive substitute.

The work required would be writing a review. I have no problem writing a review, or writing in general. Sure my review (good or bad) would be far more informative than anything offered by ......

@Eric802, LOL, your timing is off, you should have let me post this first. I don't drink coffee anymore, but I am a big fan of Celsius and Aspire.

Oh my god lol

Back
Top Bottom