Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL! I just looked that up. I think their info on their website is missing a couple of digits. It says on High the light is 350 lumens for 1.5 hours. On low, it's 110 lumens. LOL!

I'd bet a dollar that is supposed to read 3500 lumens and 1100 lumens.

The video showing the spot beam looks pretty impressive. The specs say it will focus down to a 3 degree beam angle. I was skeptical until I watched the video. However, it also seems like it has no spill area at all. I'm not sure I would like that. Even at its wide, 18 degree, setting, it looks like there is no spill.

I think a 6 degree or so beam angle with a decent amount of spill is pretty ideal. A narrow beam with no spill at all is good for signaling, but it's not that great for actually seeing stuff.
No my friend, you owe me a dollar.

What's the price on it? I looked on Amazon and the Orcatorch store and don't see a price anywhere.

NVM: I found it on scuba.com. $386! And the info there also says 350 and 110 lumens. Probably won't sell too many with those specs posted...!
$450 😳

The SCAMS coming through ALL web sights is ridiculous, to bad people have no morales, and self respect to get an honest job.

And never mind on the specs. I just found this post from @OrcaTorch confirming that it is indeed only 350 lumens.

And yeah, that's a hard pass for me. A 6 degree beam requires 4 times the output to match the distance that a 3 degree beam will do. But, it turns out that a 6 degree beam with 1400 lumens is not that hard to find...

And how it can only last for 1.5 hours when putting out 350 lumens and using a 5Ah 21700 battery is a complete mystery, to me. At 350 lumens, I would expect it to last more like 15 hours.

@buddhasummer If you want a zoomable light, have you looked at the Kraken NR-1500 Zoom?

I have one that I won in a photo contest. I have not actually taken it in the water. Personally, I'm not thrilled with how long it is overall and how big the light head is. But, other people might not care. Other than that, it seems like a nice light. A tech instructor friend of mine is the one that donated it to be a prize in the contest. She highly recommended it to me when she heard I'd won it.

I'm just a armature guy here when it comes to dive lights but i just received the Wurkkos Dive Flashlight DL10R IPX8 Waterproof Scuba Dive Light. Wow, is this thing ever bright.

Just reporting that this was a VERY simple process to get a light from Orcatorch.

I got a response Friday with instructions, purchased on Sunday, it was delivered yesterday, and I had my refund in my paypal this morning.

This is my first torch ever so I thought it was a good (and free!) way to try one out. I'll be in Belize in November and will be diving with it for the first time there.

If this is still open, I’d love to try the D530 red light. I have a trip to Bonaire coming up mid-March. I have new camera lights and a UV but not a red light.
hmmm, not sure how I typed that and can't find an edit button - but that was supposed to say my trip is coming up mid-NOVEMBER (2023). Dang fingers.

I’m interested in testing a d530! I’ve been debating getting a bigblue or orcatorch this is a perfect opportunity for me to try out an orcatorch 🙂
Yes, I still need testers, I will contact you. :)

Any more lights available to test? I've been using a D550, would be interested to try the mask mounted light, or the UV light.
OK, no problem.

Back
Top Bottom