Traveling Manifold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a Custom Divers backplate/wing for it. It's curved and slotted to accept twin cam-bands - ready to go for indie doubles, no adaptors needed.

tdb_single_wing.jpg
s_s-back-plateL.jpg

I only use one cam-band per cylinder (although I could fit two each) and it keeps it very stable and secure (on a par with my single tank wing). I wouldn't trust it to support a solid isolator though.

Funnily enough, I also set-up one of the cam-bands 'backwards'... as I like to route the ends 'tucked away' securely between the cylinders to minimise snag and drag.

I use a Remora system on mine. Works well because I can also use it for pony bottles if I want to dive singles for spear fishing etc. Northeast Scuba had them for like $20/block and I had a bunch of cam bands laying around. That being said, that was before I got into sidemount 3 years ago, but it's still useful, and practical if you are used to diving doubles.
What was said before is that a dependent doubles setup only saves you 1 SPG and 2 regulator changes and doesn't add any safety buffer. Sure you get "all of your air" in an emergency situation, but since the dive is over as soon as an air failure occurs, you don't need all of that gas anyway. Like what was said earlier, you're complicating a non existent problem, similar to the UTD manifold block on their sidemount system. Just buy the extra SPG and independent doubles work just fine

be VERY careful with those! you MUST use them in rigid stainless bands because there is no flex up in the manifold and you can very easily bend it like a pretzel if you aren't careful

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom