Travel to Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to bring a bit of positive vibes, here in Greece tourism started around June with very small numbers for the first weeks. But we are now practically back to 2019 numbers.All within 2 months!

All these although the 4th wave (thanks to delta variant) is here, bringing a quite big increase of covid daily cases, but not so much on fatalities. Keep in mind that "only" about 55% of the population is vaccinated (and the other 45% is mostly unwilling to do so) and that daily measures have practically almost been lifted except for some activities like traveling that require vaccination certificate or negative test.

Another promising thing: after 2 years of lockdowns, restrictions etc, visitors that finally come are willing to spend much more than before!

It will take some more time for countries like Indonesia, but recovery IS coming.

My estimate: by end of the year/early 2022 things will be getting much better for long haul international traveling and by mid 2022 things will be back to almost normal even for countries like Indonesia that now are struggling.

All the best.
Your estimate is as good as any crystal ball. In Indonesia, a country with 13.000 islands and 277 million people, 21 million are fully vaccinated at the moment. The last couple of days only around 100.000 persons have been tested, so do not let the slightly down going numbers mislead you. Indonesia COVID: 3,532,567 Cases and 100,636 Deaths - Worldometer

Your estimate is as good as any crystal ball. In Indonesia, a country with 13.000 islands and 277 million people, 21 million are fully vaccinated at the moment. The last couple of days only around 100.000 persons have been tested, so do not let the slightly down going numbers mislead you. Indonesia COVID: 3,532,567 Cases and 100,636 Deaths - Worldometer

What vaccine is being administered?

Back to the original question :)

Similar to Dan who is down in Houston, I'm up in Dallas and have done both east and west routing. I value the comfort of the flight over the total duration so my trans-Atlantic flights have been Indonesia-Doha-DFW. Typically longer layoffs in Doha, but their lounge is great and you can get out and tour the city for a few hours if you want. Plus I love Qatar's Q-suites. Trans-Pacific flights have both been through Taiwan then into a US gateway (LAX or ORD).

I'm typically using miles from either AMEX or Chase to transfer to travel partners for business class award tickets for at least one of the legs and thus the routing will vary depending on award seat inventory. The Qatar flights are also miles but those are American Advantage miles

Trans-Pacific flights have both been through Taiwan then into a US gateway (LAX or ORD).
I have used several airlines for the Trans-Pacific flights, but my favorite one is EVA air through Taipei also. It has class B seats (between Business & Premium Economy class), with recliner almost flat like a Lazy Boy recliner, for $200 more. I think I paid $1200 for roundtrip Houston-Jakarta in January 2020, a couple months before the pandemic.

The seats were so comfy. I slept like a baby for 8 hours, stayed awake just for the meal service to come around. Great food too.

Trip Report - Raja Ampat Jan 2020 Trip Report

I know conditions in Indonesia are very different. But my guesstimate is not based on current covid cases.
With current vaccination rates (about 0.25% of the population getting vaccinated per day on average) and 17% of the population received at least one dose so far, it will take about 4 months to reach 50%. Around that point, high daily covid cases will continue, but serious cases and deaths decrease a lot (as it has been seen in several other countries). Hence somewhere there things tend to go back to "almost" normal, I hope.

2 months ago nobody could believe the situation right now would be that good here - but yes it is that good. Covid is not finished, people (mostly unvaccinated) are hospitalized and some of them die but the rest of us can go on with our lives, finally.

for me it's toronto to manila and i spend a few days in manila before travelling to jakarta or bali.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom