Travel to Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in the same dilemma. Here is the last "official" wish about reopening I could find:
Indonesia targets September reopening as it extends curbs until next week

I fear this is more speculative than based on any plan or fact, but I remain hopeful.

I'm scheduled to start my bucket list trip in Komodo on Oct 30
That’s too early. SingaporeAir doesn’t even offer a flight until November. You may have to reschedule it to next year.

On the positive side, based on the link you posted above, “…But Health Minister Budi Gunadi Sadikin said on Monday the wave of infections had passed its peak, with daily confirmed cases on the decline…” So, that seems to follow the Indonesia Covid Cases curve that I posted earlier. The curve has passed its peak and on the way down.
43189C53-7910-4E22-A781-9EDB923FABBE.jpeg

If only prediction was that easy @Dan

I do this for a living and don't have nearly the confidence that you do. India is a major producer of vaccines. Comparing to Indo is a fool's task.
I just look at the data. They show the peak has passed.

maybe for this variant. Doesn't it seem obvious another peak will appear when a new variant arrives?

maybe for this variant. Doesn't it seem obvious another peak will appear when a new variant arrives?
I haven’t heard about another variant creating havoc in Indonesia, yet. Does anyone know / have data to show?

I haven’t heard about another variant creating havoc in Indonesia, yet. Does anyone know / have data to show?
Not at the moment but does not mean anything. Anything is possible.

How Many Strains of the Coronavirus Are There? About New Variants
Brazil, India, South Africa and UK all have nasty one with one similarity ie. they all have large outbreak.
US is the odd one out.

I just look at the data. They show the peak has passed.
The number of daily tests dropped to some days from 250.000 to less than 100.000 people tested. That is how the peak passed

Just to bring a bit of positive vibes, here in Greece tourism started around June with very small numbers for the first weeks. But we are now practically back to 2019 numbers.All within 2 months!

All these although the 4th wave (thanks to delta variant) is here, bringing a quite big increase of covid daily cases, but not so much on fatalities. Keep in mind that "only" about 55% of the population is vaccinated (and the other 45% is mostly unwilling to do so) and that daily measures have practically almost been lifted except for some activities like traveling that require vaccination certificate or negative test.

Another promising thing: after 2 years of lockdowns, restrictions etc, visitors that finally come are willing to spend much more than before!

It will take some more time for countries like Indonesia, but recovery IS coming.

My estimate: by end of the year/early 2022 things will be getting much better for long haul international traveling and by mid 2022 things will be back to almost normal even for countries like Indonesia that now are struggling.

All the best.
Much depends on for how long the Sinovac (most used here) will protect against severe ilness and dead. If this is less than one year, as is mentioned by several sources, we would have to start all over again.

Why do you link to such an old (5 months) article? Since then much more is known, especially about the Delta variant and vaccines.
Because 5 months ago Indonesia was dreaming of opening Bali for tourism!
That article shown countries with large outbreak can easily produce variants. UK was the first, then the other three.
You have to wish that Indonesia is not going down the same route!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom