Travel fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Force Fin Hockeys are my travel and regular fin. 18" long. Fit easily in carry on. Frog and reverse easily, flutter without killing my feet to cover ground. Not the ultimate fin for cave level positioning with the barest ankle twitch, but very versatile short of that. A stiff bladed fin that also flutters when desired. Slightly negative 4.6 lb. My FF Pros were sweet and a pound lighter, but the Hockey do tech kicks worlds better, more power forward with frog or flutter, dirt simple reverse.

Force Fin Hockeys are my travel and regular fin. 18" long. Fit easily in carry on. Frog and reverse easily, flutter without killing my feet to cover ground. Not the ultimate fin for cave level positioning with the barest ankle twitch, but very versatile short of that. A stiff bladed fin that also flutters when desired. Slightly negative 4.6 lb. My FF Pros were sweet and a pound lighter, but the Hockey do tech kicks worlds better, more power forward with frog or flutter, dirt simple reverse.

On their website, they basically have every fin listed at a weight of 6 pounds. Even for a pair, this seems excessive. Is that accurate?

On their website, they basically have every fin listed at a weight of 6 pounds. Even for a pair, this seems excessive. Is that accurate?
My Pros are 3.4 lb. (L), my Hockey 4.6 lb. (XL) weighed on a postal scale. I would say their listed weights are not accurate. I see listed 5 lb. for Pros and 7 lb for Hockey. I think they are just listing a max figure or a shipping one.

They changed material recently to something springier, and likely denser. My Pros are the old material, but my Hockey are the new. I do not think that explains the disparity. If considering them, the Excellerating fins are apparently their most cave like, at 21", if you want the most cave focused; I have not used them. (And based on the other weight disparities it seems unlikely that they weigh the listed 6 lb.. From their listed weights, likely similar to my Hockey.) I do love my Hockey though, for trim/position aware/sensitive, kelp negotiating, frog/reverse kicking, cavern aspiring me.

My go-to travel fins are now the Deep 6 Eddys.
Likewise, I a pair of Tusa Solas that I used for warm water travel, but wanted to try something a little lighter so I tried SP Go Sports. Unfortunately, they were just way too flexible so it was back to Deep 6 Eddy's, just a smaller size to use with booties instead of drysuit and rock boots.

Back
Top Bottom