Transportation in Coz to Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Ok,we're heading to Coz on the 25th of October. Because of the way i booked the vacation, i don't have R/T transfers from the airport to the Presidente Hotel. How do i go about getting from the airport to my hotel? I've heard taxi's cannot go to the airport for pickups...is this correct? I'm sure i'm not the first person on here with this prob,so any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,The Mardi Gras Texan

Quite simple. After you clear customs, it's a short walk to the main entrance. You'll see a booth there that sells transportation tickets to all the hotels, including the El Presidente. The prices, in pesos, are posted on the booth. Buy the ticket, step outdoors, and you'll be greeted by drivers of white vans for the company Terrestres Transportes. The rest will take care of itself.

It is correct that cabs cannot pick up arriving passengers at the airport, but they can drop off departing passengers.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

:) Thanks alot Doc. Actually i've used quite a bit of your advice on your other threads to help plan our vacation. Thanks for everything!! Also, GGunn seems to know Coz well too.

Safe Diving!!

last june it was $7.00 US per person. They'ed take you to any hotel

Have fun

After you clear immigration, gather luggage, and proceed thru the customs luggage check light (You press a button - green light you don't get inspected, red you do) you will turn left and the inspection tables will be on your left. (On the right are the restroom - good info if you are old like me.) After you go by the tables, you pass thru another doorway and most folks, having prearrainged transportation, will veer to the right. You want to go straight about another 20 ft to the booth where you purchase the trans voucher. Then join the crowd. The folks in bule shirts will be linking tourists with vans. They are really looking for the package folks but should help you get on a van going to your destination.

You are going to be a bit crowded for the ride, but make friends and be thankful it's not as large as Jamaica.

Enjoy

Beware the Timeshare guys!! They try to rope you in before you get to the booth to buy your van transfer ticket .... we were just there at the end of July, and they try and sidetrack you ..... we finally convinced them that we were only there to dive, and they gave up ...... the transfer was $7 - not including tip. And awap is right, they try to squeeze 10 people in every van. A few riders got ugly about it, but apparently that's how the company operates and the poor driver has to live with it. They won't let him leave without a full van.

Have a great trip and we'll look for a trip report when you get back!!

I did the vans the first time I went down, your right, very tight and hot. but they did get me to my Hotel without a hitch.
The next time I got smart, and with a short walk (about 200 yards) out the driveway at the airport, you are on the road, so you can catch a cab from there. People are constantly getting a cab to the airport, so they really like to pick you up on the way back to town.:wink:

hey diverrick- so you went outside the airport to catch a cab- is this OK to do this or does the airport not like it?

Also- how much cheaper is it to get a cab though- isn't it the same price- or is it just more convenient?

munkispank once bubbled...
hey diverrick- so you went outside the airport to catch a cab- is this OK to do this or does the airport not like it?

Also- how much cheaper is it to get a cab though- isn't it the same price- or is it just more convenient?

I have done it several times, and no one said a word to me. Depending on how far you need to go, it can either be cheaper or not.

It's a bit of a walk, so if you have a lot of equipaje, it's way more trouble than it's worth. The times I have done it have mostly been when I was taking someone to the airport but wasn't leaving myself, so I wasn't carrying much. I always take the shuttle when I arrive, and I kinda enjoy it. Everyone on it is just getting there, and spirits are high. We're here! Yippee! It's a pretty efficient system, too, surprisingly enough.

TIP: Sit up front next to the driver for maximum benefit from the A/C and minimum crowding.

Good advice to sit up front in the vans. When I used the vans that was not an option as others( Smarter than I) were there before me
I also would guess that some folks may consider the walk a bit far, and like he said, "if you have equipije" (or somethig close to that) I travel pretty light myself, and don't think is was any great feat.
Like I said 200 yards at the most. "but to each his own" either way works and you'll get to where you want to be. Either way I would say that no matter what... don't worry about transportation in CZM, as it's really everywhere. and they are more than willing to help you out.. the people down in Cozumel, really look at life in a different perspective then we Americans do. You simply need to go with the flow. life is much slower paced, and no one seems to worry too much about the details from what I have seen.. I alway just show up, and things alway work out. I know some folks cannot stand that, but it seems to work in CZM. when I was there last time, the cab the hotel called, came so quickly that I mentioned to the Manager that they must be hiding cabs right behind the hotel! really, in just a couple of moments they were there, same thing when we got back from diving at the marina. It was almost like they were wiating around the nearest tree! Very freindly drivers too! after writing this and re-reading it, I WANT TO MOVE!!!:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom