Transfill Hose Leak/Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teflon tape was used on where the DIN adaptor was hooked to the hose and the pressure guage to the hose as shown in picture. The part past the pressure guage does not move at all. As mentioned above, going to specialty shop and will get educated on this hose and perhaps need to buy a new one if this is indeed defective.

Teflon tape was used on where the DIN adaptor was hooked to the hose and the pressure guage to the hose as shown in picture. The part past the pressure guage does not move at all. As mentioned above, going to specialty shop and will get educated on this hose and perhaps need to buy a new one if this is indeed defective.
Save yourself the trip
Just unscrew it from the T and take a photo and we can help you out here

From the Op's picture I will say it is a JIC, either a -2 or a -3. A 1/4" NPT hose end can use an adapter to JIC female or male and may be the best option as it will allow connections using different adapters.
I use braided stainless steel teflon lined hose with JIC ends.

From the Op's picture I will say it is a JIC, either a -2 or a -3. A 1/4" NPT hose end can use an adapter to JIC female or male and may be the best option as it will allow connections using different adapters.
I use braided stainless steel teflon lined hose with JIC ends.
I saw the pictures. It looked like the manufacturer shoved a NPT-M into the JIC-F end with a bunch of teflon tape on there for giggles.

Replacing the hose with a teflon cored SS braided hose was my suggestion. It wasnt clear to me if a NPT-NPT hose would work or why a JIC hose end (on either end) was needed at all.

I do wonder about the other side of the gauge or the balance of the plumbing on this transfill unit..

I did take the hose to a local shop. The gentleman looked at the hose and told me that I have a 1/4" ID and 3/8" OD hose with a 1/4"pipe male on one side (the NPT) and Dash 4 JIC female. Also told me that in the JIC area some loctite was used. Obviously, I had no knowledge of this and I am the original poster.

I only bring this info back to this thread for the sake of completeness.

And..... BTW: The gentleman could not make me a hose since they did not do such high-pressure hoses.

and the male fitting type (the gauge tee) the hose was connected to is?

and the fitting type (the gauge tee) the hose was connected to is?
I am so bad with the terminology Bob, I can't tell you but it went into a DIN connector for the tank. My apologies for my ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom